PDA

View Full Version : Yuma Roster/Coaches?

WiseAndEck
06-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Does anyone have a roster or list of coaches (besides Mike Marshall) for Yuma? The GBL website is brutal. Thanks.

brian

JPotter
06-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Brian..... I feel your pain.

I work for the Roadrunners, I have the roster, but I do not know how to post it on the GBL site.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was the unofficial roster setting day. Most teams made their final cuts down to the limit of 22. You should be seeing rosters on the websites soon.

WiseAndEck
06-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the info, JPotter. While I have you here, I did see the roster in the St. George local paper, so that's awesome. One thing...who is the St. George hitting coach?

Thanks.

brian

Silver Sox Fan
06-06-2007, 09:19 AM
This is something I have wondered about as well. For Reno, for example, there is no promotional schedule even though the other teams have had them for weeks...and perhaps their best offensive player (based upo a limited look last year), Masa Chikazawa, is not even listed.

I wonder if the teams keep them up, does the league keep them up, or do the teams submit info to the league for posting?

Brutal is the word you used. Whatever the word, it is not good to have a website that is not updated frequently since we do live in an internet league.

Keith

WiseAndEck
06-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Brutal is the word you used. Whatever the word, it is not good to have a website that is not updated frequently since we do live in an internet league.

Keith

Haha, games available on your cellphone, but no rosters or other critical information listed on the website.

brian

GBLCommish
06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi WiseandEck,

Thanks for the interest in the GBL and the Yuma Scorpions. Final roster reductions were made today and the teams have been busy posting their 2007 Opening Day Rosters to the websites -- some a little faster than others, but I believe Yuma's is up on their team page now at http://www.yumascorpions.com/roster.aspx?SecID=260

Not sure if the Coaches are listed yet, but besides Mike Marshall as the manager, Pete Whisler is back as bench coach and Shannon Hunt is the pitching coach. Henry Calderon has also moved into a role as a player/hitting coach.

I always appreciate feedback on the websites -- the team's do keep up their own pages but use a common administrative tool provided by the GBL web hosting company. Let me know some of the more brutal aspects of the page, or missing critical information, from your perspective and we'll get it fixed.

John Potter -- thank God you are now on the ground in St. George! The new ownership group has their hands full launching the team and the website has taken a bit of a backseat up until now. I'll give you a call tomorrow and let you know how to post the roster.

Best Regards,
Kevin Outcalt
Commissioner
Golden Baseball League
925-226-2896

WiseAndEck
06-07-2007, 12:55 AM
I always appreciate feedback on the websites -- the team's do keep up their own pages but use a common administrative tool provided by the GBL web hosting company. Let me know some of the more brutal aspects of the page, or missing critical information, from your perspective and we'll get it fixed.

Thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate all that goes into the website, but there are almost always inaccuracies, especially in the rosters. I realize that there is tons of player movement in this league, like all indy leagues, but it just seems to be skipping a beat on a pretty consistent basis. I will tell you that the Flyers have one of the better sites with the most accurate information, whereas teams like St. George (no roster posted) and Long Beach (pretty much not updated at all throughout the offseason) are lacking.

Again, thanks for taking an active role with the fans and for your candor.

brian