PDA

View Full Version : PICS: Long Beach vs OC

peeaanuut
06-04-2007, 01:09 AM
I stopped into the LB vs OC game today over at LBCC and took some snapshots. I have not shot any sports since last year accept for race cars, so I am a bit rusty. I didn't shoot as many pics as I usually do either.

Anyways, for those interested in checking out the pics. Go to my website at:

http://www.peeaanuut.com/wordpress/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=18990

Thanks for looking and hope to see alot of people out at the GBL games this year. Its looking to be a good one.

DawgsBooster2
06-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Nice shots man. Reminds me of how much a dang love this sport.

JPotter
06-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Great photos. I look forward to seeing both teams during the Roadrunners first homestand this week.

peeaanuut
06-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Cant wait to see the roadrunners in action when I head out there on the weekend of the 29th. Should be a good drive from Long Beach.

heavesrock
06-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Nice Pics, where was the game?

peeaanuut
06-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Long Beach City College. The field was really dusty and there were no lines painted. But it was still a good game. The score was 4-2 LB when I left and that was about the 14th inning or so. Not sure how long they went.

JPotter
06-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Peeaanuut - About 6 hours, depending on how many pit stops you intend to make. St. George is just about two hours past Las Vegas on I-15.

Come and see me in the booth.

TheStandard
06-04-2007, 03:13 PM
I have a few pictures of the Newport Beach Storm (Amateur team) beating up the Flyers two days in a row on thrusday and friday of last week i know the first day score was 18-5 or something of the sort.

Pietsch Fan
06-04-2007, 03:23 PM
What the Flyers need is some Goodie. :)

Mary

peeaanuut
06-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Peeaanuut - About 6 hours, depending on how many pit stops you intend to make. St. George is just about two hours past Las Vegas on I-15.

Come and see me in the booth.

There is going to be a bunch of us going out there so I should be able to sneak off for an inning or 2 without anyone noticing.

DawgsBooster2
06-04-2007, 10:41 PM
What the Flyers need is some Goodie. :)

Mary

Yah. The Flyers need some Goodie. I'd drive up more than once to see him play.

Yvonne

FlyerFan
06-05-2007, 12:02 AM
He was in Spring training and I believe he will be on the team... come on up!

Pietsch Fan
06-05-2007, 11:08 AM

Oh, I (we) will so be there!

Mary

DawgsBooster2
06-05-2007, 11:33 AM

Sa-weet! We had planned to come up at least once anyway, now it will probably be more. :)

"Oh, don't hit it to rightfield, 'cause... Goodie's Got It."

Yvonne

FlyerFan
06-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Mary & Yvonne,
Just got home from our meeting where the team was introduced and I am happy to tell you that Scott made the team (as expected). I made it a point to tell him about his SD following... he was happy to hear that fans remembered him. You'll have to make sure to say hi to him when you come up for games!

Pietsch Fan
06-06-2007, 12:01 AM
Thanks so much for letting us know! We're coming up on the 23rd for the double header. Can't wait!

Mary

DawgsBooster2
06-06-2007, 01:29 AM
Mary & Yvonne,
Just got home from our meeting where the team was introduced and I am happy to tell you that Scott made the team (as expected). I made it a point to tell him about his SD following... he was happy to hear that fans remembered him. You'll have to make sure to say hi to him when you come up for games!

Oh! Flyer Fan, you're my hero for delivering such great news!

::dancing around::

"Goodie's got it!"

Yvonne

Alan Wiles
06-08-2007, 02:51 AM
Good pics. I wonder if the GBL would allow someone to wear a small camera on the chest or better yet, on the catchers helmet to take close up pics right on the field as you play? Possibly a video camera similar to the nascar drivers.

peeaanuut
06-08-2007, 03:04 PM
seeing has how the GBL is about the dollar and nothing else, I would say they will allow it.

DawgsBooster2
06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
seeing has how the GBL is about the dollar and nothing else, I would say they will allow it.

LOL, when Flyers Fan mentioned the catcher's cam I thought to myself, "Well, if the GBL can get a sponsor for it, they'll do it." Which, you know, itsn't the worst thing ever. I'd watch it.

peeaanuut
06-08-2007, 06:08 PM
they can be had for about 100 bucks. They are pretty decent units. No HD of course but still pretty cool.

There are ones with transmitters and ones with memory cards. I have used the ones with memory cards for skateboarding and mountain biking. They work pretty decent.

flyersgm
06-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Seems like it would a fun thing...

Maybe we can do Pitcher Cam, hitter cam (see what it is like to step in on a 90 MPH fastball), etc. I actually really like the idea, and I am a baseball traditionalist...

I will look into it and get back to all of you...

I love my job...everyone should be as lucky as I am and get to be the GM of their home town baseball team.

Would welcome all of you to Opening Night in OC...just send me an email...

Ed

DawgsBooster2
06-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I love my job...everyone should be as lucky as I am and get to be the GM of their home town baseball team.

Would welcome all of you to Opening Night in OC...just send me an email...

Ed

Ed, I love that you have so much fun with your job. You're living the good life. Find what you like and then find someone to pay you to do it, eh.