PDA

View Full Version : St George Sold

FlyerFan
05-24-2007, 06:33 PM
I just read it on the League website, they sold St George...

LandRoverUT60
05-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Way to go; let's hope that the local owners can keep the team stable. Go RoadRunners!! Any news on the team? I can't get anything from the St. George website.

FlyerFan
05-31-2007, 11:50 PM
I agree, I hope they keep the team stable... it may be rough going taking over so close to the season starting. I wish them much success and look forward to our play with them this year. Guess I just wonder.. who will be next? :)

GBLCommish
06-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi LandRoverUT60,

It's a strong local group with sports, business, and community strengths that should do very well. In fact, they have the first regular TV deal in the GBL as KCSG will be televising Roadrunner games this year. News on the team front includes a number of impressive players in spring training -- including pitcher Mark Woodyard who has major league experience with the Detroit Tigers, catcher Tanner Rogers who was an 8th round pick by the Marlins and is still only 21, SS Geron Sands who plays with the Bahamas National Team, OF Gary Harris who hit .297 in Double-A last year with the Phillies farm team in Reading, and 1B Karl Amonite who was a superstar at Auburn and was the National JC Player of the Year for the Central section prior to that.

Should be an exciting team to watch. If you are in St. George during the next week, head on down to Bruce Hurst Field as spring training is open to the public.

Best Regards,
Kevin Outcalt
Commissioner
Golden Baseball League
commish@goldenbaseball.com
925-226-2896