PDA

View Full Version : Yuma Scorpions

Pietsch Fan
05-16-2007, 01:17 PM
So, is Yuma now under private ownership like Fullerton? Wish it weren't so darn hot there in the summer. That's a fun weekend trip (fun, that is, when you don't get stopped by the CHP).

Mary

padsfan2
05-16-2007, 03:46 PM
New Prez in Long Beach also, I wonder what the previous occupants knew?

Pietsch Fan
05-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Not just a prez but "... said David Kaval, CEO of the Golden Baseball League and Managing Partner of the Diamond Project that owns the Scorpions."

Has Long Beach been franchised, too? Hopefully all the owners have money to burn. :)

Mary

FlyerFan
05-16-2007, 08:47 PM
I was just noticing the same thing... they are making "Presidents" for all the teams... may be a different tactic. I do not believe any of the other teams besides Fullerton has been sold...yet

Pietsch Fan
05-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Ah, it seems the whole league (besides the Flyers) has been sold. "Every team , except the Orange County Flyers, who were sold to an investment group in March." http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_5905727

Mary

GBLCommish
05-17-2007, 02:22 AM
Hi Folks,

No, neither Yuma nor Long Beach have been sold. Both had new business leadership appointed in the last few days. Both are still owned by the league.

The Diamond Project reference in the Mike Marshall quote is the actual name of the parent company of the GBL that also includes our Concessions company -- Diamond Concessions -- as well.

This follows the model of appointing a President, Bob Liinscheid, in Chico and is a focus on providing senior level leadership in the team structure that can work with the business leaders in the communities to tie the team even closer to their city. It brings to the GBL league-owned model one of the missing elements which a local owner/businessperson provides in the traditional locally owned minor league model.

Mary -- let me know when you and the gang can make it out to Yuma. We are just finishing the first two air/conditioned luxury boxes at Desert Sun Stadium and I'd be happy to have you demo one for me and give us a fan's review!

Best Regards,
Kevin Outcalt
Commissioner
Golden Baseball League

DawgsBooster2
05-17-2007, 10:30 AM
The Diamond Project reference in the Mike Marshall quote is the actual name of the parent company of the GBL that also includes our Concessions company -- Diamond Concessions -- as well.

This follows the model of appointing a President, Bob Liinscheid, in Chico and is a focus on providing senior level leadership in the team structure that can work with the business leaders in the communities to tie the team even closer to their city. It brings to the GBL league-owned model one of the missing elements which a local owner/businessperson provides in the traditional locally owned minor league model.

This makes sense and was what we were guessing. Last night at dinner we were trying to 'figure it out' and Mary mentioned that maybe it was a parent company of sorts.

Commish, I love that you answer questions when you can.

Yvonne

Pietsch Fan
05-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi Folks,

Mary -- let me know when you and the gang can make it out to Yuma. We are just finishing the first two air/conditioned luxury boxes at Desert Sun Stadium and I'd be happy to have you demo one for me and give us a fan's review!

Best Regards,
Kevin Outcalt
Commissioner
Golden Baseball League

Thank you! That is going to be a huge draw for the Yuma folks.

I was looking at the different fields where Seth will be playing with the AA this year. The Ft. Worth field is built on the site of an old, old field and between construction and excavation they ended up with four dugouts. They turned two into luxury boxes. How cool is that? Literally field level luxury boxes.

Mary