PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Wizards: Where are they now?

USBasket_EricE
05-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I thought it would be fun to start a "Where are they now?" thread for the Dakota Wizards. I recently discovered that I have the ability to browse player and coach profiles on USBASKET by simply using the "Search4Player" feature on the top right-hand corner of the site. Before, I always had to do it through the publishing system and that took forever, but now I figured out that I don't have to do it that way. If anyone wants to know about players or coaches from other teams, start a new thread and title it (for example) "Idaho Stampede: Where are they now?" and I'll answer your questions.

Dakota Wizards stars
Miles Simon - Assistant Coach at University of Arizona NCAA, USA
Chris Porter - Fujian SBS XunXin (CHN-CBA,1T) China
Michael Johnson - Hapoel Ironi Nahariya (ISR-Premier League,1T) Israel
Malik Dixon - Leche Rio Breogan Lugo (ESP-LEB,1T) Spain
Andy Panko - Lagun Aro Bilbao (ESP-ACB) Spain
Courtney James - Last played for Palm Beach Imperials (ABA) in January USA
Shawn Daniels - Air21 Express (PHI-PBA,1T) Philippines
Sean Lampley - Clinicas Rincon Axarquía (ESP-LEB2,1T) Spain
Oliver Miller - Arkansas RiverCatz (ABA), player/coach USA
Kaniel Dickens - SK Cherkassy Monkeys (UKR-Superleague,1T) Ukraine
Eddie Gill - Dynamo Moscow (RUS-A Superleague) Russia
Maurice Carter - Akasvayu (during 2005-2006, unclear where he is now) Spain
Rodney Buford - Azovmash Mariupol (UKR-Superleague,1T), left in February after one game Ukraine
Ben Ebong - Euphony Bree (BEL-D1) Belgium
Dean Oliver - Bergson Slask Wroclaw (POL-DBL,1T) Poland
Billy Keys - Whirlpool Varese (ITA-SerieA) Italy
Dickey Simpkins - GHP Bamberg (GER-1.Bundesliga, 1T), last played in 2006, Germany
Jeff Graves - Galatasaray Cafecrown Istanbul (TUR-TBL,1T) Turkey
Chad Prewitt - Artland Dragons Quakenbrueck (GER-1.Bundesliga,1T), currently injured, Germany
Bobby Lazor - Leones de Ponce (PUR-BSN,1T) Puerto Rico
Kasib Powell - Spartak St.Petersburg (RUS-A Superleague,1T) Russia
Damion Dantzler - Great Falls Explorers (CBA), waived back in December, USA
Melvin Sanders - Elan Bearnais Pau-Orthez (FRA-ProA,1T) just for the Euroleague games, France
DeRon Rutledge - Jacksonville Jam (ABA,1T) USA

Well, there's a good chunk. If anyone wants more (Dakota Wizards or other teams), let me know.

DakotaWizardsFan
05-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I thought it would be fun to start a "Where are they now?" thread for the Dakota Wizards. I recently discovered that I have the ability to browse player and coach profiles on USBASKET by simply using the "Search4Player" feature on the top right-hand corner of the site. Before, I always had to do it through the publishing system and that took forever, but now I figured out that I don't have to do it that way. If anyone wants to know about players or coaches from other teams, start a new thread and title it (for example) "Idaho Stampede: Where are they now?" and I'll answer your questions.

Dakota Wizards stars
Miles Simon - Assistant Coach at University of Arizona NCAA, USA
Chris Porter - Fujian SBS XunXin (CHN-CBA,1T) China
Michael Johnson - Hapoel Ironi Nahariya (ISR-Premier League,1T) Israel
Malik Dixon - Leche Rio Breogan Lugo (ESP-LEB,1T) Spain
Andy Panko - Lagun Aro Bilbao (ESP-ACB) Spain
Courtney James - Last played for Palm Beach Imperials (ABA) in January USA
Shawn Daniels - Air21 Express (PHI-PBA,1T) Philippines
Sean Lampley - Clinicas Rincon Axarquía (ESP-LEB2,1T) Spain
Oliver Miller - Arkansas RiverCatz (ABA), player/coach USA
Kaniel Dickens - SK Cherkassy Monkeys (UKR-Superleague,1T) Ukraine
Eddie Gill - Dynamo Moscow (RUS-A Superleague) Russia
Maurice Carter - Akasvayu (during 2005-2006, unclear where he is now) Spain
Rodney Buford - Azovmash Mariupol (UKR-Superleague,1T), left in February after one game Ukraine
Ben Ebong - Euphony Bree (BEL-D1) Belgium
Dean Oliver - Bergson Slask Wroclaw (POL-DBL,1T) Poland
Billy Keys - Whirlpool Varese (ITA-SerieA) Italy
Dickey Simpkins - GHP Bamberg (GER-1.Bundesliga, 1T), last played in 2006, Germany
Jeff Graves - Galatasaray Cafecrown Istanbul (TUR-TBL,1T) Turkey
Chad Prewitt - Artland Dragons Quakenbrueck (GER-1.Bundesliga,1T), currently injured, Germany
Bobby Lazor - Leones de Ponce (PUR-BSN,1T) Puerto Rico
Kasib Powell - Spartak St.Petersburg (RUS-A Superleague,1T) Russia
Damion Dantzler - Great Falls Explorers (CBA), waived back in December, USA
Melvin Sanders - Elan Bearnais Pau-Orthez (FRA-ProA,1T) just for the Euroleague games, France
DeRon Rutledge - Jacksonville Jam (ABA,1T) USA

Well, there's a good chunk. If anyone wants more (Dakota Wizards or other teams), let me know.

Thanks for that info. I always wonder where many of the players have went. I looked for info on Kasib for a long time and I finally found it a few months ago. I was also looking for info on Melvin, but I don't think I had ever found it.

I've got a player. Is Jayson Williams (Idaho Stampede) still trying to make it back to the NBA and if so, where is he playing now?

And what about Jay Williams (Austin Toros)?

USBasket_EricE
05-13-2007, 07:27 PM
They still have Williams listed as a member of the Idaho Stampede. And it is current as of 2004-2005, so I don't think he's tried to get back into the NBA. He's almost 40 years old, so I doubt he will try anymore.

USBasket_EricE
05-13-2007, 07:30 PM
And this is all they have to say about Jay: "2006-2007: New Jersey Nets (NBA), waived in Oct.'06, in Dec.'06 signed at Austin Toros (D-League Eastern Div): 3 games: 6.0ppg, 2.7rpg, 5.3apg"

His stats must be wrong. Didn't he just play the one game in Bismarck before getting injured again? The site must have mistakenly counted the games that he didn't play before being waived.

DakotaWizardsFan
05-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks

I guess I didn't realize that Jayson was that old. If you aren't even in the NBA, I don't think it's worth it to keep trying then.

And I just checked the Toros box scores and it only showed Jay playing in the one game here.

DakotaWizardsFan
05-14-2007, 08:50 PM
How about Patrick Simpson? Where is he playing?

USBasket_EricE
05-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Here's what it says about Pat:
2006-2007: Liaoning Panpan Hunters (CHN-CBA,1T), left in March'07

Also, Damond Williams:
2007: Calor de Mexicali (MEX-CIBACOPA,1T)

DakotaWizardsFan
05-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Alright, thanks.

I was hoping to see Pat back this year. He had a good rookie season with Coach Bliss and I thought he could have an even better second season. Well, of course, it's usually easy to do that.

DWizards
05-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Here is a cool article about former Wizards star Mike Jones.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/20/AR2007022001799.html

DakotaWizardsFan
05-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Well, Mike played way before I became I fan, but I still enjoyed reading that article.

I can't imagine how hard it is to give up on playing if while you were in high school you were a superstar and you thought that you'll be in the NBA in 4 years.