(Loses Toronto to Dakota)
Dakota Wizards - Milwaukee Bucks, Washington Wizards,
(Loses Chicago to Iowa, gets Milwaukee)
Idaho Stampede - Seattle SuperSonics, Portland Trail Blazers
(Loses Utah to Utah, gets Portland)
Fort Worth Flyers - Dallas Mavericks, Philadelphia 76ers
(Loses Charlotte to Iowa)
Sioux Falls Skyforce - Minnesota Timberwolves, Toronto Raptors
(Loses Detroit to Ft Wayne, gets Toronto)
Tulsa 66ers - New Orleans Hornets, New York Knicks
(Loses Milwaukee to Dakota)
Los Angeles - Los Angeles Lakers,
(No Change)
New Teams,
Fort Wayne (IN) - Indiana Pacers , Detroit Pistons
Iowa - Chicago Bulls, Charlotte Bobcats
Rio Grande Valley (Hildago, TX) - San Antonio Spurs, Miami Heat
Utah Flash - Utah Jazz

I ordered the two teams by how much they made sense to hook them up with their team.

I made Utah the other "1 link" team, since they share the same "place name" with the Jazz. About the only other team that makes sense for the "1 link" (other than the Lakers owning the D-Fenders) is maybe Fort Worth only having "Next Door" Dallas, or Anaheim only having the Clippers.

There are a slew of east coast teams that basically get placed on a "random" NBDL team because of the lack of NBDL teams on the east coast. The "swing" teams that could be interchanged anywhere would be: Cleveland, Orlando, Atlanta, Boston, New Jersey, Toronto, Washington, Philly, New York, Charlotte, Miami.

All the rest are either are the closest teams in the region or make other kinds of sense (like Fort Wayne getting Indiana and the Pistons).

Thoughts?

DWizards
05-11-2007, 11:01 AM
It sounds like Arkansas is going to be moving to LaCrosse, Wisconsin. I'm guessing LaCrosse would be affiliated with the Bucks (or maybe the Wolves)

dletter
05-11-2007, 02:48 PM
I see that now, if that happens I'd swap Milwaukee and Memphis between Rimrockets and Dakota (Sioux Falls is more east of Bismark).

jjbballfan
05-12-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't know how much the parent team has in the stake but I think the fact that Flip Saunders was a coach at Sioux Falls and that the Pistons sent 2 players to Sioux Falls on and off this past season I would believe that Detroit would like to keep Sioux Falls as there affiliate.

dletter
05-17-2007, 04:28 PM
I guess if the NBA teams have a big say, then, Detroit might stay with Sioux Falls.

Just from a promotional and historical standpoint for Fort Wayne though, the Pacers and Pistons really need to be their affiliated teams. I'm a Chicago fan, so, from that perspective I wouldn't mind Indiana and Chicago, but, you can go to many Fort Wayne sports bars around town and still find old "Fort Wayne Zollner Pistons" stuff hanging up, so, there is a pride in the town in at one time being the home of the Pistons and the NBA.