PDA

View Full Version : The Teams....sort of

logoguru
05-02-2007, 01:19 PM
see PBL website changed/now I'm more uneasy

The west coast teams are going to be spending a lot on travel. Other than that its not bad. We'll see who really makes it.
________
WIKI VAPORIZER (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

psbf
05-02-2007, 05:33 PM
see no need for an international league(with the IBL).
As far as your idea for a regional league, Bectond, that would be better. But when you mention having a team in Western Pa., the only pro team that comes to mind are the Xplosion and we are in the CBA. I think having another pro team in this part of the state(unless there is one that I don't know about) would be very tough, since the X are still trying to make a name for themselves.

tbayz1
05-02-2007, 09:15 PM
well not to bud in on the PBL talk, but i think the ABA is planning on having a team in Reading and the NEPA Breakers might comeback cos theyre listed on the ABA website but i think theyre done

psbf
05-02-2007, 11:43 PM
with Erie. I've never seen the city personally, but I don't think they can support a sports team, although they do have an Arena football team(AIFL).
As far as the NEPA Breakers, the last box score I saw of them, there were 300 at the game. This is the Poconos area. In order to survive, NEPA should consider moving down to the Philadelphia area.

psbf
05-03-2007, 01:42 AM
I've thought of, rather than Erie, are markets in Southern Pa., like Greensburg, Altoona or Johnstown.

psbf
05-03-2007, 01:40 PM
is about an hour East of here(if I remember) and has the University of Pitt at Greensburg.

It's too bad that the league could not be run by people who actually care about the teams and the fans.

BreakersFan
05-03-2007, 04:00 PM
with Erie. I've never seen the city personally, but I don't think they can support a sports team, although they do have an Arena football team(AIFL).

Just an FYI, but Erie supports its AA baseball Seawolves and OHL Otters very well. And the AIFL Freeze do well by AIFL standards. Basketball could work there, except that the market (and sponsors) are probably already saturated with sports....

psbf
05-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Breakersfan, but that is the exact reason(saturated) why I think Basketball would be better in the Southern part of the state, in ond of the cities I previously mentioned.