PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Wizards are D-League Champions!

Minor League Man
04-29-2007, 10:22 PM
The Wizards beat the Colorado 14ers in overtime 129-121 to win the D-League Championship! Very exciting game throughout, and it sounds like the fans enjoyed it too!

Congratulations to all Wizards fans-you truly deserved it!

USBasket_EricE
04-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Byaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

USBasket_EricE
04-29-2007, 10:58 PM
"Please type your message in the text box and let me say it."

OK, DAKOTA WIZARDS ARE THE 2006-2007 NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Darius Rice broke the D-League scoring record with 52 points and he also broke the post-season record in 3-pointers with 11! The Bismarck Civic Center attracted a D-League post-season record 5,224 fans! And Dave Joerger now has FIVE championships on his resume! I gave him a high-five after the game... high-FIVE, get it? LOL! The Wizards showed once again that they can compete in any league. From the IBA, to the CBA, to the D-League! I know there'll never be an NBA team in Bismarck, but this sure as hell is pretty close to that atmosphere! CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM AND THE BEST MINOR LEAGUE COACH!!!!! w00t w00t w00t w00t!

Juicemann13
04-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Congrats Dakota.

Wizard57
04-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Dat makes fo bish!!!

DakotaWizardsFan
04-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Who here loves Darius Rice now? I knew there was a reason that he was my favorite player for a while. It's great that my two favorite players were the reason we won. Renaldo won for us versus Sioux Falls (Quemont did too though) and Darius won for us last night.

What are the chances of Elton Brown's shot going halfway down and then coming back up and out?

Joerger is right. Crazy things do happen in the Civic Center.

Wow. I was so excited last night that I couldn't fall asleep. This is great.

Have you guys heard of the team having a championship party yet? You think they'd have one. I thought the Tribune would mention one, but they didn't.

I can't wait until next year.

And hopefully a few of our players will make an NBA roster. But if they don't, they better come back here.

EDIT: One more thing, championship caps and T-shirts are available at the NBA Store (http://store.nba.com/gp/search/?extid=nbadl_home_champs&keywords=d_league_championship)

#1 T-Birds Fan
05-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Dissapointing performance from Greer, and Major. Luckily Rice came through but of all teams, Dakota deserves it most

DakotaWizardsFan
05-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Dissapointing performance from Greer, and Major. Luckily Rice came through but of all teams, Dakota deserves it most

That's the thing about the Wizards; we were so deep that if our go-to guys didn't perform, you could count on someone else and on that night, that guy was Rice.

EDIT: It's strange saying that in past tense. "We *were* so deep." I can't believe the season is over. That's crazy. I don't think that fact has hit me yet. I think my mind is programmed into thinking we're on a road trip or something like that now. It'll hit me once school ends and I'm sitting at home being very bored.