PDA

View Full Version : Newest Info..and it aint easy

a1sports
04-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Not so easy to get on PBL with the confidentiality agreements everyone has to sign BUT I did find out the following. The PBL is having ownership meetings in Chicago, Washington and Las Vegas. The PBL flies the owners out that pass screening to meet with them. SO there is some big money behind this group. The meetings will be in May. Looks like Doyle has put together a strategic and meticulous plan as a good lawyer should to insure proper owners
and operators. From the little amount I have found out, the potential owners have to go through a 3 step process to be approved and this includes a site visit by the league.

Also they have applied to FIBA. So by the looks of things which may appear slow they are probably doing it the right way.

SignGuyDino
04-25-2007, 05:02 PM
My GUESS would be if they applied for FIBA they'd politely say "we'll monitor your league for a year" so see how it turns out.

Also, if they do have "new rules" and a "new game" like they promised on their website, it may be a problem, outside of the NBA, I don't know of any FIBA recognized league that doesn't go mainly by FIBA rules for pro play.

The proposed rebirth of the WHA had enough money to fly people around, for a while. Granted, they seem to have money but let's see what happens.

utahstarsticketholder
04-25-2007, 06:17 PM
application is more than the "ABA"* has done in the past seven years. They may not be accepted but making an application is the right thing to do by the players. Even if the PBL starts up with 8 to 12 teams it will do it right because it is doing eveything "Ole Joe" said was going to be done in the "ABA"* to create stability.
Managed growth, solid business plan, line of credit, secured venue, operating capital and background checks will help their cause to be accepted into FIBA.
Remember our troops, jack and cheryl.
"ABA"* = ABA Light as in light fingers

dmbishop
04-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Also, if they do have "new rules" and a "new game" like they promised on their website, it may be a problem, outside of the NBA, I don't know of any FIBA recognized league that doesn't go mainly by FIBA rules for pro play.

Well, a trapezoid lane and shorter 3 point line could qualify as "new rules". Actually, strict FIBA rules would be "new" to the USA.

Dave

SignGuyDino
04-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Didn't the Carolina Basketball Association claim they would do that for one season?

OK, that's a stretch. We've seen those rules in the qualifiers, Worlds, and Olympics. Not a "new game we've never seen before."

Not that I don't think it might be FIBA rules if they intend to go international eventually.