PDA

View Full Version : It's Colorado vs. Dakota

Minor League Man
04-21-2007, 09:30 PM
The Wizards just beat the Skyforce 115-113 I think...

How many 14ers fans are going to Bismarck?

Congratulations all Wizards fans on your return to glory, good luck in the championship!

melloman
04-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I now live in Phoenix and listened to the game on the net. AWESOME effort tonight by greer and Major. Ill be heading to Bismarck for buisness on saturday. Trying to get my brother to get me tickets. What time do they play on sunday ?
Just a quick question, ( not that it really maters ) Has any team ever won championships in 3 different leagues ?

USBasket_EricE
04-21-2007, 10:32 PM
"Please type your message in the text box and let me say it."

OK. THE DAKOTA WIZARDS ARE GOING TO THE NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

DakotaWizardsFan
04-21-2007, 10:50 PM
I now live in Phoenix and listened to the game on the net. AWESOME effort tonight by greer and Major. Ill be heading to Bismarck for buisness on saturday. Trying to get my brother to get me tickets. What time do they play on sunday ?
Just a quick question, ( not that it really maters ) Has any team ever won championships in 3 different leagues ?

It's at 6:00 I think. Eric, can you confirm that for me? I was too busy celebrating to pay attention!!!

And I'm not sure about that question, but if I had to guess, I'd say no.

Time to let it all out:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
GO WIZARDS!!! EASTERN CHAMPS IN THE REGULAR AND POSTSEASON!

And one more thing:
Renaldo's official #1 fan says:
I LOVE YOU RENALDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

DakotaWizardsFan
04-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Are the Wizards the only team with fans on this forum now? I think they are.

I know we have:
Sioux Falls
Dakota
Albuquerque

#1 T-Birds Fan
04-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Im still here....listening and watching you go through what I did last season. Remember, not to get your hopes down but the away team has some motivation but I still have Dakota wining it all.

sky1
04-22-2007, 02:29 PM
I just found out who the anomynous person was who ratted on the NBA players not to play in the playoffs it was Yeager. What a weasel. With Amir Johnson the skyforce would have easily won, I guess Yeager does not want to deal with any competition.

DakotaWizardsFan
04-22-2007, 02:56 PM
I just found out who the anomynous person was who ratted on the NBA players not to play in the playoffs it was Yeager. What a weasel. With Amir Johnson the skyforce would have easily won, I guess Yeager does not want to deal with any competition.

Umm... it's in the rule book that the final day rosters are the playoff rosters. You should be mad at the Pistons for calling up Amir at the time they did. It's not Joerger's fault that the Force lost.

USBasket_EricE
04-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Whiners, whiners. The Wizards won fair and square (they almost lost too).

I'm at UND right now for NIPA, a writing/design competition for school newspapers. They actually gave us time for Internet time between classes. I'm about to start Newspaper Design 2, a computer class. I doubt I'll win because I really have no experience. I should just put a bunch of Wizards logos on my page and turn it in... or not. They'd probably get pissed. Bye for now, class is starting...

DakotaWizardsFan
04-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Whiners, whiners. The Wizards won fair and square (they almost lost too).

I'm at UND right now for NIPA, a writing/design competition for school newspapers. They actually gave us time for Internet time between classes. I'm about to start Newspaper Design 2, a computer class. I doubt I'll win because I really have no experience. I should just put a bunch of Wizards logos on my page and turn it in... or not. They'd probably get pissed. Bye for now, class is starting...

Good luck with that. Maybe I'll get into something like that. I love writing and design and I'm thinking about working on the school newspaper when I get to high school.

Wizards logos would be nice for sure, but yeah, they wouldn't appreciate that.

melloman
04-22-2007, 03:30 PM

First of all, its in the rules. If he played and the Skyforce had won, would you be calling for another rematch due to Sioux Falls Cheating ? I dont think so.
I knew someone was gonna bring it up.
And what would you have said had Justin Williams returned to the Wizards roster for this one game ?
I didnt think so.

USBasket_EricE
04-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Well, I'm done... and my page looks like crap, but I really don't care. I have no experience with using Adobe PageMaker. I just signed up for the class because I needed something to fill my vacancy. I could have just as well done it in Microsoft Word. I have some free time now.

Yeah, I completely agree with you, melloman and Bri. Those are the rules. And like I've said before, Joerger actually wanted Amir to be in the game. He said it on last week's episode of Wizards Watch on NBC. He is not scum, he is the best coach in the minor leagues. If he is the one that brought up the rule (explain how you know this), then that shows that he is a respectable person. He just wants to play by the rules.

Well, I probably won't be around another computer until Tuesday, so let this be my last post for awhile. Again, Congratulations Wizards! Eastern Conference Champions fair and square.

DakotaWizardsFan
04-22-2007, 03:56 PM
First of all, its in the rules. If he played and the Skyforce had won, would you be calling for another rematch due to Sioux Falls Cheating ? I dont think so.
I knew someone was gonna bring it up.
And what would you have said had Justin Williams returned to the Wizards roster for this one game ?
I didnt think so.

Good point, let's see how Justin Williams fared against the Force:
11/24/06 114-104 Wizards
12 points, 15 rebounds (!), 1 block

11/25/06 89-87 Wizards
8 points, 10 rebounds, 1 steal, 4 blocks (!)

12/23/06 101-100 Skyforce
10 points, 14 rebounds (!), 1 steal, 2 blocks

January 5: Called-up to the Kings

So maybe he didn't score a whole lot, but he dominated defensively and on both the offensive and defensive glass.

sky1
04-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Come on there is no comparison between Amir Johnson and
Justin Williams that is interesting that Joerger I mean Yeager said he wanted Amir in the playoffs when he is the actual one who fought to keep him out. I suppose he wanted to cover his tracks so nobody would think it was him.

DakotaWizardsFan
04-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Come on there is no comparison between Amir Johnson and
Justin Williams that is interesting that Joerger I mean Yeager said he wanted Amir in the playoffs when he is the actual one who fought to keep him out. I suppose he wanted to cover his tracks so nobody would think it was him.

Actually, there is a comparison:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/IBelieveToMySoul/amirvs.jpg

And where is this "fact" coming from? Your sore loser self? I thought so.

USBasket_EricE
04-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah, where's the source? Where's the source? WHERE'S THE SOURCE!!!!!

Please type the URL to the source in the text box so I can read it.

Justin Williams and Amir Johnson appear to be almost equal in the NBA with Johnson having the slight edge. Just give up on the Wizards/Joerger bashing already. Nobody is caring what you have to say.

mzracing76
04-24-2007, 07:14 AM
Jeorger is about as twofaced as they come, thats what lead to him to being forced to leave Sioux Falls last year. i cant prove that Jeorger was the one who play a big part of AMir Johnson being kept off our roster, i dont care, we had a chance to win. buts its funny since Jeorger was the one *****ing over the way the D-League does its Player Pool. I personally think AMir should be allowed to play since we actually had only 9 players. most minor leagues allow you to add a player if you lose someone.

Could it be the Wizards fans are getting cocky? i recall Colorado beat them by 20-30 pts last time they met, so could it be? could Colorado calm the waters.

i am not a sore loser, i have seen my team win titles, so i could care less. I am just happy to have a winning team.

USBasket_EricE
04-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Not cocky, just glad that the Wizards made it to the title game. The atmosphere in the upcoming game will likely not match the way it was on Saturday. I'm just glad that the Wizards finally got to avenge their loss from two years ago in Game 5 of the 2005 Play-offs.

Dave Joerger = Best Coach Ever. I understand why he went to Sioux Falls and why he came back. The Skyforce had been struggling for a good two years and he brought them back to the top. He kept them in title contention last year as well while Dave Bliss was ruining the Wizards. Joerger came back to Bismarck and look where his team is now. And I agree with him about the player pool. I think teams should be able to sign players as they need them, no matter who they are. And I agree that the Skyforce should have been able to sign someone to fill the vacancy they had. But it's all done and over so time to move on.

DakotaWizardsFan
04-24-2007, 05:38 PM
I agree that you should have had Amir, but you didn't, so get over it.

And no way are we cocky. Colorado has a very good team even with Wafer and Amundson gone. Pooh Jeter could really cause us major problems. Like Eric said, we are just glad that we won, that's all. Of course we want to take it all now, but can we say 100% that we will? No way. Even the Arkansas Rimrockers could beat us in a one-game championship. And I'm not saying that Colorado could not beat us in a series; they could.

2 words and I'm done arguing:
Poor sportsmanship

The Skyforce had a great season and you fans should be happy about that. You can't win every year like I've said many times.