PDA

View Full Version : Sioux Falls Skyforce vs Dakota Wizards: Game Thread

mzracing76
04-21-2007, 12:41 PM
What wil the score be tonight? any takers.

USBasket_EricE
04-21-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't want to jinx anyone, so I will not make a prediction. But GO WIZARDS!!!!!!!!

#1 T-Birds Fan
04-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Wizards- 103
Skyforce-97

CHAMPIONSHIP- Dakota- 107-Colorado-99

USBasket_EricE
04-21-2007, 05:12 PM
It'd be even sweeter if it was 102-97, the same score that the Skyforce beat the Wizards by in Game 5 of the 2005 CBA Conference Finals. A little bit of revenge! That's not my prediction though, I still don't want to jinx them. The game starts in a little under 2 hours. It's gonna be great!

USBasket_EricE
04-21-2007, 10:33 PM
I'll live with 115-113!

DakotaWizardsFan
04-21-2007, 10:51 PM
I'll live with 115-113!

Me too! Are you as excited as I am right now?

Sorry Force fans. You just ran out of gas and Frank Williams fouling out was the dagger. But it was our time to win since you beat us last game and also two years ago.

sky1
04-22-2007, 02:23 PM
The Sioux Falls Skyforce would have easily won with Amir Johnson, I found out who the secret person was who told the dleague office it was that loser Yeager. I think he is scum.

DakotaWizardsFan
04-22-2007, 02:58 PM
The Sioux Falls Skyforce would have easily won with Amir Johnson, I found out who the secret person was who told the dleague office it was that loser Yeager. I think he is scum.

I just love this. If you were a fan of the Force when Joerger was coach, I'm sure you absolutely loved him. And now he is scum. Ha, funny.

So maybe I was mad two years ago when we lost to the Force in Game 5 here, but I wasn't blaming the opposing coach or anyone on the opposing team for that matter.

sky1
04-22-2007, 04:41 PM
If you were able to bring NBA players last year (with the same rules as this year) for the playoffs then you should have been able to do it this year. The only reason I can see why he brought up that rule was because he did not have any NBA players on his team and did not want to face Amir Johnson. It makes a lot of sense to me.

DakotaWizardsFan
04-22-2007, 04:51 PM
If you were able to bring NBA players last year (with the same rules as this year) for the playoffs then you should have been able to do it this year. The only reason I can see why he brought up that rule was because he did not have any NBA players on his team and did not want to face Amir Johnson. It makes a lot of sense to me.

Okay, so now you are omniscient? Who said that the rules this year are the same as last year? There's tons of new teams and a new affiliate system. How could the rules stay the same? That's completely bogus.

And how come you haven't mentioned this "source" that said that Joerger brought this issue to the attention of the league office? I bet it's because you are just making all of this up to justify that the Skyforce should have won.

Just face it, the Wizards won fair and square. And we did it without (almost) a single NBA player the entire year. We had Martynas Andruiskevicius for 3 games and he did nothing while he was here.

DakotaWizardsFan
04-22-2007, 05:23 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/MajorSkillz7/Paint%20Shop%20Pro%20X%20Creations/scum.jpg

sky1
04-22-2007, 07:31 PM
All Im saying is Joerger should not be saying he wants to play the best team and wanted to play against Amir Johnson when he in fact was the one who notified the dleague office of the rule in the rule book. I would not have had a problem of him notifing the dleague office about the rule but in public he kept saying he wanted to play against Amir Johnson when in fact he did not. There are some other Sioux Falls fans talking about getting another bus to cheer for Colorado. Look at Dakota Wizards we might be back in Bismark this weekend.

DakotaWizardsFan
04-22-2007, 09:05 PM
This is just hilarious to me. The D-League is so bad that it needs one of its teams' coaches to remind them of a rule? Ha, funny. Maybe you guys should go to the CBA.

DakotaWizardsFan
04-22-2007, 09:06 PM
There are some other Sioux Falls fans talking about getting another bus to cheer for Colorado. Look at Dakota Wizards we might be back in Bismark this weekend.

Just give it up already. So the Skyforce lost. Does that mean that you should be sore losers?

And dang, I must be sounding like an incredibly rude person today, but sorry, I'm sticking up for my team and my coach...

Go Wizards cuz they deserve it no matter what anyone says! :)

sky1
04-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Dakota and Colorado both have good teams it should be a great championship game. I am just disappointed I could not see the Skyforces full potential this year in the playoffs.

DakotaWizardsFan
04-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Dakota and Colorado both have good teams it should be a great championship game. I am just disappointed I could not see the Skyforces full potential this year in the playoffs.

There, that's better.

And the Skyforce are a very good team also. Mo McHone is a great coach and the players especially Graham and Williams are amazing. There's always next year.

This year is ours though.

USBasket_EricE
04-30-2007, 06:26 PM
There are some other Sioux Falls fans talking about getting another bus to cheer for Colorado. Look at Dakota Wizards we might be back in Bismark this weekend.

Well, I didn't see any Colorado fans in the Civic Center whatsoever. And I didn't see or hear any Skyforce fans cheering for the 14ers either. First the made up story about Joerger and now this? Shame, shame, shame!

DakotaWiz
04-30-2007, 08:58 PM
There was actually atleast 1 Colorado fan there, besides their ownership. There was a kid wearing a white hat at the north end that would wave his hat and yell everytime the Wizards shot a free throw down there. Not that it affected us... In reality, whoever it was probably felt pretty dumb when there were so many cheering around him...

DakotaWizardsFan
04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
That guy sure wasn't loud then. I didn't hear him at all. Maybe I was too far away. Which way is north? (I'm not good with directions especially when I'm in a building.)

USBasket_EricE
04-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Come to think of it, I did hear that. I thought it was either a drunk person or one of the Colorado players.

The championship banners were on the north side, so hopefully that answers your question, Bri!

DakotaWizardsFan
05-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Come to think of it, I did hear that. I thought it was either a drunk person or one of the Colorado players.

The championship banners were on the north side, so hopefully that answers your question, Bri!

Okay, it does. That's where I was thinking about sitting last night, but I thought I'd try the south side. So I didn't hear him. I should've been able to though because I wasn't that far away from you.

AConcernedCitizen
05-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Was there a good crowd for the final?

DakotaWiz
05-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah, best of the season. It was announced at 5,224.

DakotaWizardsFan
05-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah, best of the season. It was announced at 5,224.

Which is a D-League playoff record.

AConcernedCitizen
05-21-2007, 05:42 AM
What is the capacity of the venue?

USBasket_EricE
05-21-2007, 11:28 AM
What is the capacity of the venue?

I think it's 10,010. It varies with all the different events that go on. I've never been to a Wizards game where the north balcony curtains are pulled away. I don't even know if it's happened before. But they always pull them away for high school state tournaments because the place is always packed. There were also 9,000+ fans at a Minnesota Timberwolves preseason game back in 2004.

DakotaWizardsFan
05-21-2007, 12:16 PM
I think it's 10,010. It varies with all the different events that go on. I've never been to a Wizards game where the north balcony curtains are pulled away. I don't even know if it's happened before. But they always pull them away for high school state tournaments because the place is always packed. There were also 9,000+ fans at a Minnesota Timberwolves preseason game back in 2004.

You're right Eric. It's 10,010 people for some sort of event. I'm not sure which though. I'm assuming for basketball, but I don't know. And that depends on if they have the tables or the seats on the south end.

I don't recall the north balcony curtains ever being pulled away and I don't think they ever have been.