PDA

View Full Version : 150 Players 150 Stories

SDawgs
04-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I know in San Diego with the exception of Matt Wheatland KUSI story there were no pre-season hype stories about the players on local news. In my opinion the human interest stories are an easy way to draw fans that aren't the hardcore baseball fan. Give the fans some information anything that they can latch onto.

Easy way to go about this would be to do detailed entance interviews with a skilled interviewer. Instead of sending around a tired email that asks career accomplishments to the players.

Cut some footage of the most interesting stories recieved and send the local news stations a DVD with 15-20 player stories. Players are available for interviews on any stories discussed. Let the news stations know first come first serve.

Whether you using the established Media or YouTube the GBL should step up the human interest stories. Why not maximize your opportunities of connecting with your fans.

DawgsBooster2
04-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Whether you using the established Media or YouTube the GBL should step up the human interest stories. Why not maximize your opportunities of connecting with your fans.

Actually YouTube is a wonderfully viable outlet for GBL stories. It's free, it's easy and it can be seen by oodles and oodles of people. Also one isn't stymied by conventional interview styles.

Run a contest for the cutest, funniest, etc 45 second video and open the contest up to the local colleges and universities. It's free to post it on bulletin boards (on line as well as brick and mortar).

Start word of mouth campaigns on YouTube... it's amazing how fast things spread there. MySpace too. Heck even major network television stations are jumping on the YouTube/MySpace bandwagon. Why not the GBL, eh?

The cost in this kind of 'advertising' is sooo small especially considering the saturation level one can get.

GBLCommish
04-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks Dawgs Fans -- keep the ideas coming! I especially like the YouTube angle since traditional media in the major markets are not nearly as interested in GBL stories compared to smaller markets that don't have major sports leagues in town (Yuma, Chico, Reno, and St. George).

Best Regards,
Kevin Outcalt
Commissioner
Golden Baseball League
commish@goldenbaseball.com
925-226-2896

Shootmaster_44
04-01-2007, 10:16 PM
I think the GBL should post game highlights and post-game interviews and whatnot on Youtube too. I'd definitely be interested in seeing those, if not complete games.

DawgsBooster2
04-01-2007, 11:03 PM
I think the GBL should post game highlights and post-game interviews and whatnot on Youtube too. I'd definitely be interested in seeing those, if not complete games.

I've got the YouTube clip of Canseco warming up at the all star game (Surf Dawg, Nick Guerra, was catching) marked as a 'favorite' so I can watch it when ever I'm in a bad mood or sad, or drunk or... LOL. Seriously though, it's one of the funniest clips EVER. I can't get enough of it.