PDA

View Full Version : USBL: Whats going on in Florence?

not so fast
04-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Rumor has it that this team is folding. is this true? And if so, Why?

If this happens, this is a terrible black eye for the USBL.

fan6
04-26-2004, 01:07 PM
THE FLYERS most likely will not fold. They probably will
be moved to either RALEIGH NC or DAYTONA BEACH
FLORIDA. THese are two areas the league will likely
expand too or re-locate too in the future.

South Atlantic
04-26-2004, 01:55 PM
I was a front runner for the Raleigh market but am waiting to see a few things first.

First thing, Florence made Raleigh attractive because it created a 'local' rivalry. If they in deed fold and move, that hampers my budget.

Second thing, Raleigh has an expansion team in the WBA and we want to see how well it turns out for them. Last thing I heard from the league was a team dropped out and schedules had to be redone (season starts in five days). The other thing is Raleigh has no players signed, or at least mentioned doing any PR for the team as of today. That would work in our favor.

Third thing, Raleigh had a team five-six years back and I need to research the problems. Where it was a benefit and where it was a struggle.

So overall, the prospects of a team in the Raleigh area are bright for 2005. It may be the WBA, USBL, CBL, who knows.

not so fast
04-26-2004, 02:29 PM
tough time for bryan gates. first he loses to Robert Reid, then his franchise folds.

CRUSADERSFAN
04-26-2004, 04:03 PM
I hope they dont> i am doing their site, www.florenceflyers.net. I havent recieved my $$$ yet. Also, the GM wont add the link to the USBL page. :evil:

CMc
04-27-2004, 07:45 AM
I can see why you have not been paid for your website work. That's a poorly designed site. Very generic and novice-like. :lol:

CRUSADERSFAN
04-27-2004, 03:42 PM
I can see why you have not been paid for your website work. That's a poorly designed site. Very generic and novice-like. :lol:
That is not the point of my post.I am working on fixing the desiging of the site. before you critique my site building qualities, I think you should know they came to me and wanted me to do the site. Also, I was told the money was sent about two weeks ago.I have not received any complaints regarding the quality of the site from the GM, therefore they must think its good.

not so fast
04-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Bryan Gates worked to save his franchise and found another investor. Good Job!

I do have a question about the USBL. Why are they so slow with stats? I guess I am so spoiled by the CBA that even updates on Christmas! Is the USBL office short staffed or are the teams slow at getting in the information?

And finally, is the Dakota Wizards coming back or are they bankrupt and if they are bankrupt, who is at fault?

Crum007
04-30-2004, 01:28 PM
As far as the stats go......

We are having a major problem with the server and are awaiting the return of an individual part of the site. When that happens all the stats will be updated, as the always are everyday.