PDA

View Full Version : Roadrunners Logo

Dedicated Fan
03-05-2007, 01:58 PM
I recently caught a glimpse of what appears to be the new primary logo for the St. George Roadrunners on Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:StGeorgeRoadRunners.PNG ). I'm not certain if it is indeed their final logo but the artwork does not appear to match the style of the other GBL team logos.

I would imagine that the GBL would/should use the same artist or graphics company to come up with the new logo so it is in keeping with the other logos already in use. The Roadrunners primary logo is not as impressive as the other GBL logos.

Additionally, the teams colors are the same as the Fullerton Flyers. It is disappointing that the new expansion team did not take the opportunity to come up with a distinctly different set of team colors.

Can anyone confirm if the Roadrunners do plan to use this logo and color scheme?

DawgsBooster2
03-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Oh my gosh. That is a horrible looking logo. I hope that's not the one they're going to use.

As for using the same colors... well, fiscally speaking it might be a smart thing to do. I'm not sure how much stuff will overlap, but I imagine the ability to reuse jackets, pants etc make it a smart move to reuse the same colors.

Pietsch Fan
03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
No, each team needs their own colors. I saw a hint of the logo on the Cabooster Club webiste and liked it, but seeing the bigger version, I agree it doesn't fit well with the other GBL stuff. It would be neat to see what other versions they had to choose from.

Mary

Dilbert
03-05-2007, 03:43 PM
From what Ive heard is that it was designed by someone in Utah instead of the leagues normal designer. As far as I know it will be used

Pietsch Fan
03-05-2007, 04:08 PM
I can see letting fans "design" a logo, but then you'd have your professional clean it up and make it fit. We'll have to wait and see what ends up on their website. Speaking of websites, can someone please remove the 2007 Ticket information button from the Surf Dawgs website?

Mary

jaydensdadaz
03-05-2007, 10:54 PM
For everyone bashing on the logo, it is awesome and wait till you see it on a polo shirt, I have one and i'm in Yuma!

DawgsBooster2
03-05-2007, 11:21 PM
For everyone bashing on the logo, it is awesome and wait till you see it on a polo shirt, I have one and i'm in Yuma!

I hope you're right man, because the image shared on that link looks horrible. *shrug*

TitansCF13
03-09-2007, 06:07 PM
I played in the AWL and was always around the Roadrunners guys, that is not the logo for the team.

aztlgrl
03-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Pretty positive that IS their logo as it's all over their website and it's NOT the same colors as Fullerton. The Flyers are more orange and blue while St George is more of a copper/rust and navy. I also met and saw some of the coaches and staff for St. George, (there were maybe 4 or 5 guys from St George IN Yuma for maybe a week or so) great guys and the gear they had on for the team was impressive...The colors and logo will look great. It's going to be a great addition to the GBL.

Pietsch Fan
03-11-2007, 11:35 PM
The website is new since Friday. I don't mind the logo, but it doesn't match the feel of the other teams' logos. Guess to each their own.

Mary

LandRoverUT60
04-19-2007, 05:51 PM
I like the logo for the Roadrunners though I must admit, they need to clean up that main logo. Looks like that "R" logo will be their hat logo, and it looks pretty good (though I'd like to see an "StG" logo; the Pioneerzz never wore some kind of "StG" logo). That "R" logo would look really good on a burnt orange hat, and that would set them apart.
I wrote the GBL/Roadrunners (I used the info@gbl.com or something like that) about the uniforms/website, and someone from the Roadrunners answered me and told me that they will be at par with the majors or something to that effect. The GBL has had some pretty unique and pretty good logos/jerseys/color schemes, though they seem to look minor-league in effect.

Any word on the unis? Will the hats/jerseys (the same ones that the players wear) be available to buy?