PDA

View Full Version : Why St. George???

padsfan2
02-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey GBL,
Here’s an idea, the money your going to WASTE traveling to St. George, you probably could have put towards keeping your end of the contract with SDSU, and kept the Surf Dawgs alive and well.:mad:

DawgsBooster2
02-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Both sides have issues with the other, but it's my understanding, pretty much, that the GBL could have thrown all kinds of money at SDSU, but they would still have found some way of chasing the Dawgs out... that SDSU just wasn't interested any longer, now that they have their stadium updated. *shrug* I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

padsfan2
02-07-2007, 06:56 PM
According to a letter sent out by Amit Patel at the end of the season, he states:
In short, we are asking the University for three things:
- Honor our original lease agreement, and stop overcharging us for
renting the facility
- Allow us to take over control of stadium cleaning, so that your
seats are clean and inviting when you arrive at Tony Gwynn Stadium
- Allow us to take over concessions operations so that we can offer a
more comprehensive menu to our fans (along with mid-week food
discounts!)

I also had a conversation with a GBL executive, who will remain nameless, that GBL and SDSU had a contract through next year.

Pietsch Fan
02-07-2007, 09:23 PM
That's what Amit told us when he wanted us to write SDSU on the GBL's behalf. I, myself, have come to believe very little of what Amit says (or writes). I think it's true that the GBL and SDSU "had" an agreement for 2007, but the GBL decided not to drop their drawyers for a third year. Is that about it, Commish?

Mary

GBLCommish
02-07-2007, 10:56 PM
As usual, Dawgsbooster2 and Pietsch Fan have it pretty much right between them. Amit's three points are valid as areas of discussion we tried to have with SDSU - with his first point being the main issue along with the University's refusal to engage in a post-season discussion until the lawyers became involved. PadsFan2 is correct that the original lease has more years on it. And for those planning GBL roadtrips this summer, St. George is a gorgeous town and only just over an hour outside of Las Vegas ;)

Best Regards,
Kevin