PDA

View Full Version : GBL Schedule Tomorrow - Sad Day for Dawgs

GBLCommish
02-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Given all the interest, discussion, and passion from the San Diego Surf Dawg fans on this message board, I wanted to let everyone know that we will be releasing the 2007 GBL Schedule tomorrow. And, sadly, as we've discussed it will not include the San Diego Surf Dawgs for the 2007 season as the dispute with San Diego State continues to drag on.

As most of you know, all season ticket funds and sponsor payments have been returned as we anticipated this would probably occur as the clock kept ticking, but it sure is tough to take. We are working hard to come back to San Diego, but there are no set timeframes or locations just yet.

For all Surf Dawg season ticket holders from 2005 or 2006, full season or mini plan, you are invited to attend 2007 GBL games at no cost. It's the least we can do to recognize your support of the Dawgs. I realize it is difficult for many of you as Yuma is a 2.5 hour drive and Fullerton/Long Beach a couple of hours depending on traffic, but please give me a call if you are interested and I'll send you a 2007 GBL Pass.

As for the players, we have successfully placed Will Henderson, Victor Roldan, Joey Huskins in the Frontier League with Rockford; Tony Garcia in the American Association with Lincoln; Matt Maloney in the Can-Am League with Brockton, Ryan Fox with the Chico Outlaws, and EJ Shanks is going to spring training with the Milwaukee Brewers! Next week we will have a dispersal draft for the remaining Surf Dawgs who had their options picked up so they will know their playing status for the coming year.

Best Regards,
Kevin Outcalt
Commissioner
Golden Baseball League
925-226-2896

Pietsch Fan
02-07-2007, 12:49 AM
I was talking to Seth tonight and he thought it was really sad that San Diego was losing the team. He said the two summers he spent here were the best times he spent in professional ball.

Thanks, Commish, for letting us know it's official now. And thank you for the generous offer. If I know the San Diego fans, they'll be more than a couple that'll take you up on the offer. Long Beach always was my second favorite park.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that something can be worked out for 2008 or 2009 (and that the GBL will last that long :) ). Let us know if you need any help prodding USD. You know we like to prod.

See you Friday.

Mary

Dilbert
02-07-2007, 01:19 AM
So with San Diego out is it safe to say that St. George is in?

GBLCommish
02-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi Dilbert,

Yes, the St. George Roadrunners, managed by former Cleveland Indian star Cory Snyder, are most definitely in. The six GBL teams for 2007 are: Chico Outlaws, Fullerton Flyers, Long Beach Armada, St. George Roadrunners, Reno Silver Sox, and Yuma Scorpions, would have been 8 adding Grand Junction, CO if we could have solved San Diego....

Best Regards,
Kevin Outcalt
Commissioner
Golden Baseball League

DawgsBooster2
02-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Even 'knowing' it was coming doesn't make it any easier. *sigh*

Thanks Commish for the super sweet offer.

See you this weekend.

patmc16
02-07-2007, 12:46 PM
For all Surf Dawg season ticket holders from 2005 or 2006, full season or mini plan, you are invited to attend 2007 GBL games at no cost.

That is about the most classy thing I have heard of a league doing in a long, long time. And smart too. Keep the interest in the league in anticipation of a retun to the market. A lot of other leagues could learn from a move like that.

Way to go GBL!

DawgsBooster2
02-07-2007, 05:17 PM
That is about the most classy thing I have heard of a league doing in a long, long time. And smart too. Keep the interest in the league in anticipation of a retun to the market. A lot of other leagues could learn from a move like that.

Way to go GBL!

Yah, for all of the GBL's faults, the Commish is one classy man.

jd_aka_monty
02-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I second your opinion. Commish goes out of his way more often than not for many people. It's evident in him taking the time to post responses on the forum, which are well throught out and in most cases caring. He has done some pretty amazing things for many people, some of which many of us will never have common knowledge. For me personally, he has indulged me in a part of my life that has been the chief cornerstone of my own regrets, one that I have used to fuel my own mission of helping those I come in contact with who share the same dream.

For all that, which may go unsaid or un-noticed, I hope he is repaid ten fold.

Monty