PDA

View Full Version : What about the St. George team?

oregon_william
01-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Another was asking about the team in San Diego.

We are wondering about the St. George team. Think they were going to be called the Road Runners?

We aren't here in the summer months to see the scorpions, but having a team up that way would be nice. I was on the web site and that page for St. George isn't there anymore.

sportsguy12
01-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Another was asking about the team in San Diego.

We are wondering about the St. George team. Think they were going to be called the Road Runners?

We aren't here in the summer months to see the scorpions, but having a team up that way would be nice. I was on the web site and that page for St. George isn't there anymore.

This page works ...
http://www.goldenbaseball.com/StGeorge

jd_aka_monty
01-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Here is the link...

http://www.goldenbaseball.com/StGeorge/

In the top left hand corner of the main page at Goldenbaseball.com, you will find a drop down. In the drop down is a list of each team in the league, including Winter League.

Hope that helps gets you some answers! :D

Monty

Pietsch Fan
01-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Some GBL sites have the link, some don't. Hm, we haven't heard much about St. George lately. They don't have their own "real" web site yet. Wonder if that's why they haven't pulled the plug on San Diego yet. Wonder if St. George isn't catching fire like they thought it would. Curious.

oregon_william
01-30-2007, 05:42 PM
We were looking at the scorpions page and on the left you can pick the team you want. That is where we could not find anything about St. George team.

jd_aka_monty
01-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Yah, I've noticed a few anomolies here and there with the website. In some cases, the drop down lists are not updated properly. Someone really needs to take the time to QA everything and report the issues to the Commish, as I know if he has the specific issues, they'll be fixed pretty quickly.

Monty

padsfan2
01-30-2007, 08:36 PM
The GBL controls and maintains all team websites, and whoever is in charge leaves a lot to be desired. I know from 2 1/2 years of trying to figure out the Surf Dawgs site, most of the time the layout isn't right, they have improved a little on the drop-down links. At least now you do get the team site you want. Good luck to future users.

DawgsBooster2
01-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Having done more than my share of web mastering (both from scratch and taking over for others) I can tell that the GBL is using a template built by someone who is no longer in their employ.

Whomever coded the template was not with them very long, because it worked fine right off, but then after the first few updates and changes it got buggy.

The only fixes would be to spend TOO much time and money to fix the coding (not an option I'd go for), get the original webmaster to come fix it (possibly too much work even for this person), or scrub what they have and begin anew (hardest, but quickest and least expensive).

Each and every one of those options would cost varying amounts of money, and if we know nothing about the GBL we know that they and their money are not easily parted. ;) LOL

jd_aka_monty
01-31-2007, 12:42 AM
You may not have known this about me (bio :) ), but I develop software by day (.NET / C# / ASP.NET). The site is actually done pretty well and each of the templates are functional, perhaps with a somewhat poor object model not lending itself nicel to expansion. It seems like there wasn't much effort put into paying attention to detail in some cases, when necessary expansion came along.

But, I will say this, I made a suggestion to Commish about a little something and it was changed within a day or so. The resources are there when needed, as far as I can see, but what appears to be lacking is the recommendations.

Take it for what it's worth, but I don't think things are as dismal as they appear or people want to believe. Perhaps, it's just a small investment of time on someone's part to QA everything. From my 10+ years of experience, it's definitely not the developer who should be QAing their own work, cross testing maybe but not QA. :rolleyes:

Monty