PDA

View Full Version : minor league team move

rndmthots
01-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I heard a rumor that a minor league team was moving to Wichita Falls, Texas. Anyone know about this?

sportsguy12
01-18-2007, 12:03 PM
I heard a rumor that a minor league team was moving to Wichita Falls, Texas. Anyone know about this?

I assume you mean a baseball team since you posted this under general baseball. I haven't heard anything for any affiliated leagues, which would probably be the Texas League. Who knows what the Indy Leagues have cooking.

rndmthots
01-18-2007, 07:51 PM
yes it was baseball, sorry about that. Thank you for your input.

Dan K
01-21-2007, 01:45 PM
In late 2005, there were reports that Richard Kemp, who was trying to bring an Intense Football League franchise to Wichita Falls, was also talking with the now-defunct Central Baseball League. A later report had Kemp pulling out because alcohol sales would not be allowed at games. There was also speculation he was also talking with United League Baseball. I guess the Continental Baseball League or even the Big State Baseball League could be interested in Wichita Falls.

Ervin
02-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I have to wonder if maybe the new Continental League might be relocating there. They are supposed to announce their schedule next month and as of right now are apparently keeping the teams locations a secret. This league appears to have backing and I am curious of what cities they will have. I have put the link to the league below:

http://www.cblproball.com/about.html