PDA

View Full Version : Nbdl Attendance

mzracing76
12-26-2006, 12:34 AM
2006-07 Attendance Report:

RANKING.....TEAM.......................AVG ATTENDANCE
1..............Sioux Falls Skyforce......................3225 (6 games reported)
2..............Bakersfield Jam............................2898 (4 games reported)
3..............Dakota Wizards...........................2564 (5 games reported)
4..............Idaho Stampede..........................2245 (3 games reported)
5..............Austin Turos...............................1817 (4 games reported)
6..............Arkansas Rimrockers.....................1797 (6 games reported)
7..............Tulsa 66ers.................................1758 (7 games reported)
8..............Colorado 14ers.............................1738 (4 games reported)
9..............Fort Worth Flyers..........................1669 (5 games reported)
10............Alburquerque........................ .........1357 (3 games reported)
11............Anahiem Arseneils............................780 (2 games reported)
12............Los Angeles Defenders......................000 (0 games reported)

49-Total Games Reported..............................89,212 Fans
AVERAGE GAME ATTENDANCE........................1820 / Game

YEARLY TOTAL ATTENDANCE: Forcasted.........524,348 Fans

MZ

mzracing76
12-26-2006, 12:41 AM
The Three (3) Former CBA Teams are Ranked in the Top 5 !!!

1-Sioux Falls Skyforce
3-Dakota Wizards
4-Idaho Stampede

What does that prove about how the CBA selected Minor League Markets?

But, This is a far cry from where the CBA was back in 1994-95 when they had 9 teams average more than 3000 fans per game. that was the best year that i can remember for Attendance at Minor League Basketball Games.

By the way i see it, the Product is not as great as it once was. anyone agree with me?

MZ

mzracing76
12-26-2006, 08:42 AM
CBA ATTENDANCE:

RANKING......TEAM.............................AVG ATTENDANCE
1................Yakima........................... 3049
2................Minot............................ .1501
3................Albany........................... .1360
4................Great Falls.......................1064
5................Butte............................ ..1023
6................Utah............................. ....927
7................Pittsburgh....................... ...857
8................Indiana.......................... ....667

suge night
12-26-2006, 01:43 PM
With the 15% float rule on the numbers how many of those that are listed are (Keeping It Real) the true numbers are lower than any team will be honest about........

abie10
12-26-2006, 05:05 PM
the attendance for the the friday anaheim game was 1389...only kicks up the average like 6 people or so, but it's another game

TEN
12-26-2006, 09:44 PM
I've been to two D-league games this year...

Opening night in Albuquerque there was probably 700 in the stands and from what I heard, the crowd was smaller the next night...

I went to a Tulsa game last week...Probably 600 or so in the stands and the guy I was with said it was probably the best crowd of the season.

Take from this what you want...

mzracing76
12-27-2006, 09:14 AM
i posted this same topic on the CBA Board, and some idiot says my numbers are way off. he has SIoux falls at 4026 per game and Bakersfield at 3200 per game...i tend to beleive what they report (if they report at all) in the boxscores. knowingly they are going to report "TICKETS SOLD" not actuals.

i reported this on the CBA Board for ****s and giggles. for comparison.

MZ

abie10
12-27-2006, 01:55 PM
there was way more than 700 in the stands for albuquerque on opening night...i was at that game, and every other home game since...

there attendance is nearly the same every game, except where they have a group night with certain youth groups coming in....which adds a couple hundred to the attendance...

DakotaWizardsFan
12-27-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure about the other teams' numbers, but Dakota sounds about right. I've been to every home game so far and that seems accurate.

That number should go up because of our annual New Years eve game though.

TEN
12-27-2006, 02:49 PM
abie10....What was your take on attendance on opening night in Albuquerque? What do you consider way more than 700? I about put down 500, but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt at 700.

I assume the building holds about 4 to 5000 for basketball...It was not close to 1/4 full (there were 10 people sitting in the bleachers on the end and that is probably 1500 seats). The fullest sections had probably 50 to 75 people in them....There were maybe 200 people on the floor.

I've counted a few houses....I counted about half the house that night and stopped at around 250...

suge night
12-28-2006, 08:45 AM
TEN- You are right on the mark,while the league maybe a good idea somewhat the public just is not buying all the bull about it having NBA level talent throughout the roster and sometimes not even the allocated guy is worth the money the teams are asking the public to pay.What you get to see is players in good shape a coach with a name but that isn't worth the cash either and in some cases a good overall performance from the dance group .But NBA next big thing well that is up to debate and truth be told a lot of guy's play pickup games at the local rec's with guy's who won't pay to see them in the arena because they know his game is not all that,and in some way those are the guy's that have to buy into this for any real fan base to be solid those are the people who make up the Tv watching fan base of the NBA.

USBasket_EricE
12-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Idaho seems to be doing way better than they did in the past. Weren't they usually somewhere between 1000-2000 in the CBA days? Almost every team in the D-League is below 2000. It's understandable since 2/3 of the teams are less than two years old (in their city). The former CBA teams and ABA team (the Bakersfield Jam were the Long Beach Jam, am I correct?) have had time to attract more and more fans over the years. No wonder they are the top 4 teams!

I'm really hoping for a big turnout at the Wizards' New Year's Eve game (+4000). It's been a long time since the crowd has been that large. The junior hockey team in Bismarck has scheduled a New Year's Eve game the past few years and that may be the reason for the decrease.

DakotaWizardsFan
12-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Idaho seems to be doing way better than they did in the past. Weren't they usually somewhere between 1000-2000 in the CBA days? Almost every team in the D-League is below 2000. It's understandable since 2/3 of the teams are less than two years old (in their city). The former CBA teams and ABA team (the Bakersfield Jam were the Long Beach Jam, am I correct?) have had time to attract more and more fans over the years. No wonder they are the top 4 teams!

I'm really hoping for a big turnout at the Wizards' New Year's Eve game (+4000). It's been a long time since the crowd has been that large. The junior hockey team in Bismarck has scheduled a New Year's Eve game the past few years and that may be the reason for the decrease.

Yeah Eric, I think Idaho used to have low attendance. I remember watching the live webcast on their site last year and the arena always looked very empty.

Those stupid Bobcats better not take away from our attendance, but I'm sure they will.

mzracing76
12-30-2006, 02:36 PM
To Defend Idaho, when they first came into the CBA in 1997, they averaged pretty decent crowds, they averaged about 2500-3500 per game from 1997-2001. it was when I. Thomas bought the league and ruined it afterwards when their attendance fell. like all the other teams as well.

Even the Sioux Falls Skyforce attendance fell some 1500-2000 fans per game after 2001, but that has alot to do with the Hockey team in Sioux Falls also. Hockey is new to the Area and that has split our fan base up.

Again...Idaho was always a good draw in the CBA. The Wizards Fans only remember their Attendance (Stampede) after 2001 when Bismark got a team in the CBA.

Sorry for the Confusion.

MZ

USBasket_EricE
12-30-2006, 11:17 PM
I think Boise also has the Idaho Steelheads hockey team. That might explain the Stampede's decrease. But at least it's going up again.

Pounder
01-01-2007, 01:15 PM
The Stampede are over-reporting, still... but it does look a little better than last year. However, from what I've seen, less of the PREMIUM seats have sold. The courtside seats IMO were the thing keeping Idaho alive.

Steelheads hockey does the same sort of over-reporting. I don't think they're taking away from the Stampede any more than they already do... but we're talking on the level of the Steelheads reporting 4,500 and drawing half that while the Stampede report 2,000 and draw 600.

Meanwhile, if you haven't been paying attention, there's the matter of a BCS bowl game slot awarded to Boise State University. 20,000 fans bought tickets at $150 a pop, and are down in Arizona right now, along with half the Boise media. The AD at Boise State doesn't rest on that, either, as they are seeking donations to offset the upcoming costs of the new luxury suite structure to be incorporated with the west side stands, then the new track / HS football stadium just down Broadway, then the removal of the track at Bronco Stadium along with lowering the field and extending the stands to the lowered field (along with other expansion) to add at least 50% more seats to the place. It is dangerous to assume that there's enough money in town (meaning sponsors first, fans second) to cover that AND keep the minor league teams viable.

SweetLou
02-05-2007, 09:32 AM
I went to the Force game in SF this weekend, and what an awesome crowd! I mainly attend Idaho games and it is down down down from last year and even lower than there Nampa games. Boise State women out drew them (doubled them according to a friend who went to both games!!!). that never happened before. YIKES!

#1 T-Birds Fan
04-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Im not sure were you are getting your stats but Bakersfield usually has about less then 1000 per game, ABQ has about 2500 and LA also has less then 1000

heavesrock
04-14-2007, 10:23 PM
LA has less than 100.

#1 T-Birds Fan
04-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Your probably right...