PDA

View Full Version : Ruh-roh Shaggy, Flyers gone the way of the Dawgs??

fools gold-en baseball
11-29-2006, 04:19 PM
It has been rumored........

That the bossman himself, David Kaval is in Southern California this week to initiate steps to close down the Fullerton Flyers for good.

I will keep everyone posted as the developments unfold.

Pietsch Fan
11-29-2006, 04:58 PM
It has been rumored........

That the bossman himself, David Kaval is in Southern California this week to initiate steps to close down the Fullerton Flyers for good.

I will keep everyone posted as the developments unfold.

Wow, I wasn't sure about that rumour in the past because of all the cool incentives they were running for season ticket holders. That and because, unlike the Surf Dawgs, the Flyers web site has been kept up to date. Can the GBL survive with only five teams?

DawgsBooster2
11-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Wellll, isn't that a kick in the pants. :rolleyes:

My first, very selfish, thought was how will this effect (affect?) my Dawgs.

Commish, you still around?

sportsguy12
11-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Unless the GBL signs Grand Junction, Santa Clara or some other town to place a team in for 2007 Fullerton seems to be safe. If a new town comes up then the train could be de-railed in my opinion ;-)

I guess we will see what happens very very soon!

Yes, I would think the league would want an even number of teams ... and forego a traveling team like they did in year one.

GBLCommish
11-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Hi Fools Gold -- you almost got it right -- I'm here in the L.A. area with Dave Kaval tonight and we did meet with Ed, but it was to hatch a plot to shut down the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and take over Orange County professional baseball....

Really though, we are in town to finalize the edit screening of Season of the Samurai which is a feature-length documentary of the traveling team from Tokyo (Samurai Bears) that played in the GBL in 2005. Produced my Mod3 Productions (headed by Ed Asner's son, Mark) and edited by the same company that did the baseball movie 61*. This is a final draft session before it's put in the can and a distribution company is selected to market the film in the U.S. and Japan. Many of you who attended Samurai Bears games in 2005
may find yourselves in crowd shots - so be sure to see the movie when it comes out on the big or small screen.

Fools Gold -- welcome to the boards, better check your source of rumours as they are feeding you bad info, please feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions regarding the league at 925-226-2896 or at commish@goldenbasball.com.

Thanks,
Kevin Outcalt