PDA

View Full Version : TK's side and ticket sales

Pietsch Fan
11-22-2006, 08:30 AM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/preps/20061122-9999-1s22dawgs.html

Well, they didn't talk to SDSU like I'd hoped they would, but at least TK got to tell his side of the story. Maybe if Amit responds they'll then contact SDSU and a third article will be written.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume everyone in the GBL office is on vacation this week, but I know of at least one couple who has demanded their season ticket deposit back and they haven't been responded to. I know of another person who actually bought season tickets recently and they took that money happily.

DawgsBooster2
11-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Well good on TK for being a real man and just saying how it is. ^5 TK!

Looks like the GBL was quick enough to respond to the UT when it was a puff piece and a mouth in favor of the UT, but once some actual investigation was done, suddenly they can't comment. *shrug*

Chuck
11-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks GBLINSIDER for truly an "insiders" view. As a sponsor, er um make that a former sponsor of the gbl, I wish I would have read more message boards and had more perspectives of the league other than the account executive that sold this eskimo icecubes. Anyhow, as I said before "shame on me" for taking the risk.

Anyhow, are you aware of other message boards that fans and others have posted concerns, praises, thoughts, etc??? I would be curious to see what else is being said, though I will admit this board is pretty active!

It would probably be pretty scary to create a "family tree" of sorts that identifies from the start who is still in place, who left, and where they went. From my talks with one of the investors, he indicated a "mass exodus" of staff - during the season, post season, anytime the employees could leave. He indicated that in some cases people left for "perhaps" a better job in baseball, while others left the profession just to get off the sinking ship. I'm not sure how much money he put in, though I do know what I dropped for my business and it's a tough pill to swallow.

oregon_william
11-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Chuck, I have checked this message site on the GBL. I don't think it's as active lately as this Our Sports Central, and some of the more recent comments mirror what is being said on this site. I find the Yahoo site difficult to manage.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/goldenbaseball2/