PDA

View Full Version : Big State League??

Dan K
08-26-2006, 11:45 AM
When searching for info on the summer collegiate Big States League, I ran across the "Big State League" web site [www.bigstateleague.com]. This appears to be a proposed revival of a former minor league by that name. The site reports that the teams will be in rural and resort markets throughout Texas with 6 teams starting in 2007 and expanding to 12 teams by 2010. I was not sure if this was another semi-pro/summer collegiate league or another attempt at an independent pro league.

Ervin
08-26-2006, 02:06 PM
I went to their website and it looks well organized, but I was suspicious because no where on the website does it mention any names for league officials. Usually when a new league is forming one of the 1st things they post is league president, vice president etc.
I saw where they are forming a new Continental baseball league,
http://www.cblproball.com/about.html . This league seems to be running an active website and mentions their leadership; to include former major leaguer Jay Johnstone. I see where they are also going to be based in Texas. I bookmarked the Big State League website and will check back from time-to -time.