PDA

View Full Version : MLK Showcase, are these regular season games?

USBasket_EricE
08-07-2006, 02:16 PM
OK, I have a question for longtime D-League fans. The games that are played during the showcase, are they regular season games or just exhibition games? Will they count towards the regular season standings or is the regular season just the 48 games (24 home, 24 road, excluding the 2 showcase)? I have e-mailed both the Dakota Wizards and the Sioux Falls Skyforce and have gotten two different answers.

panchess
08-07-2006, 02:21 PM
..mentioned a 50-game schedule, which I think included these two.

Probably exhibition.

bectond
08-07-2006, 02:31 PM
They count as regular season games, they are not exhibition games.
They play in one location so the NBA scouts can see all the league's talent at one venue.

USBasket_EricE
08-07-2006, 02:44 PM
So, the 50 games each team plays this season will all be reg. season? Thanks for the help!

SignGuyDino
08-16-2006, 02:20 AM
They've always been regular season games. Costs the NBA a small fortune but it gives scouts a really good look at all the talent.

I wish the games were live on NBATV.

Frankly, the NBA D-League could have all their games in a studio in Secaucus and the product wouldn't be any different. I STILL say they'd be better off playing in high schools or small college gyms until the crowds justify arenas but hey it's their money.

Also a very safe bet they have the approval of the King Family to use Dr. King's name for the event. Can't just slap his name on any old event, you know.