PDA

View Full Version : ABA Show Cancelled?

MySports
07-31-2006, 09:16 PM
What gives? Was that Derrick Pearson guy too much for the ABA? Is that why the ABA cancelled the show? I listened every week. Enjoyed the interviews and also the honest truth with a lot that was happening with the league.

minorleagueball
08-01-2006, 11:08 AM
My guess DP spoke the truth too much when it came to the state of the ABA. Joe probably didn't like that too much and replaced him with two homers who will start this Saturday.

MySports
08-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Yep, that's what I figured. Many of the shows are very helpful for ABA teams.

meyes
08-09-2006, 10:52 PM
He is an officer with the Atlanta Krunk and will also be doing a CBA radio show.

MySports
08-10-2006, 04:32 PM
http://www.atlantakrunk.com

MySports
08-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Oh my freak!!! Has anyone went and listened to the archive of the new ABA show? HA HA HA... the guy sounds like a frickin moron... All I have to say is: "It's on to the sheeeow!" HA HA HA HA

MySports
08-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Just saw this:

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3360818

isbradio
09-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Oh my freak!!! Has anyone went and listened to the archive of the new ABA show? HA HA HA... the guy sounds like a frickin moron... All I have to say is: "It's on to the sheeeow!" HA HA HA HA

As a radio guy, I can say the show is MUCH more polished, and you don't hear some THUG rambling - UHHHHHH, UHHHHHH, I THINK, UUUUHHHHHHH NEWMAN IS AN IDIOT, UUUUHHHHHHH, AND, UHHHHHHH, I THINK, uHHHHHH, I LIKE TO HEAR MYSELF TALK, UUUUUHHHHHHHHH .......

What league would pay for a show like that? Pay someone to RIP on you when the idea is to PROMOTE the league?

ABARedWhiteBlue
09-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Is the emperor wearing clothes? DP's show very often went out of its way to promote the ABA message, almost to the point of glossing over or ignoring the problems it had (which have been many). He even oed the party line by shifting all of the blame for the ABA's myriad of issues to the individual teams, absolving the league office of any culpability.

But, as has been shown time and again in public forums, you are either blindly pro-Joe, or you are among the lowest of life forms in his book. Owners, league officials, etc. are always lauded as strong, dedicated and highly qualified and organized - then when they leave, disappear, express a difference of opinion, etc., they are ripped in public as poorly organized, mean-spirited, etc. Fool me once, shame on you, but fool me (Joe) four dozen times in 3 years????

In the end, the ABA's house of cards always crashes to the floor each season. It is hard to ignore the obvious and promote that which does not exist.

If Joe and his family - I mean league office staff - want a syncophant show to only talk about the positives of the ABA, that's their choice. But don't expect a knowledgable person to believe Joe's claim that it is only raining, when the ABA is peeing down the legs of the players, fans, and teams.

ABARedWhiteBlue
09-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Speaking of canceled ABA shows, surely everyone was excitedly awaiting the gala Red, White and Blue concert to be held in Little Rock yesterday as a reward to that market's return to the league (of course, the event was SUPPOSED to be at the home of the Alley Cats, but since they left to the CBA, apparently those people no longer deserve fan-friendly entertainment - music or basketball - at affordable prices).

A lot of hype and bluster, and promises of 'big name' talent in attendance...

Then, this quiet posting on ABAlive:

ABA RED, WHITE AND BLUE CONCERT
AT BARTON COLISEUM, LITTLE ROCK
RE-SCHEDULED FOR LATER THIS FALL.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT JOENEWMAN@ABALIVE.COM

According to the venue, the event promoter canceled the concert, two days before the date.

But, according to the promoter - Paul Allsup:

paul allsup <paul_allsup_2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear Sir,

Mr. Newman the CEO of the ABA Basketball League paid for marketing too late and he only had 12 days to market this show. Because of this there werent very many ticket sales. It was not me who cancelled the concert but the league itself and trying to blame me. If you wish to question this please call Meri Smith at Barton coliseum in Little Rock, Arkansas

Paul Allsup

Adam/NJ <abaredwhiteblue@yahoo.com> wrote:
Mr Allsup-

According to press releases, you are the promoter for the ABA concert scheduled for tomorrow in Arkansas.

I saw on the league website that the concert has been postponed, and according to the venue, 'the promoter' made the call to do so.

Why was the concert canceled? There seemed to be a number of acts lined up, and the venue was secured.

Thank you in advance.

Joe - trying to blame somebody ELSE??????

No way!!!!!

The ABA - it's not our fault!

psbf
09-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Speaking of canceled ABA shows, surely everyone was excitedly awaiting the gala Red, White and Blue concert to be held in Little Rock yesterday as a reward to that market's return to the league (of course, the event was SUPPOSED to be at the home of the Alley Cats, but since they left to the CBA, apparently those people no longer deserve fan-friendly entertainment - music or basketball - at affordable prices).

A lot of hype and bluster, and promises of 'big name' talent in attendance...

Then, this quiet posting on ABAlive:

According to the venue, the event promoter canceled the concert, two days before the date.

But, according to the promoter - Paul Allsup:

Joe - trying to blame somebody ELSE??????

No way!!!!!

The ABA - it's not our fault!

I want to say something about the cancelled show.
I know the ABA is far from perfect. I agree with everything that Derrick said while I respect Joe and I'm glad he brought the ABA back.
I was beginning to enjoy the new show, although I was having some problems getting it at times, but did so with some help. But I no longer received that help(for whatever reason), which are starting to make me think back to the days when Derrick was doing it(I had no problems getting his).
But regardless of whether I get the show again or not, I look forward to the start of the ABA season and watching my team.