PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened to ...?

Ervin
07-29-2006, 01:30 AM
Whatever happened to the Mesa Miner broadcast team of John Potter and Daryl Lindermann? I think they did an outstanding job and I was hoping they would wind up broadcasting somewhere this year. Does anybody know if they are still broadcasting?

JPotter
04-23-2007, 03:24 PM
I think I can answer your question since this is John Potter. Thanks for asking about Darrell and I.

I came home to Southern California after the inaugural GBL Championship and went back to work at my hotel. Since then, I have made a couple of attempts to hook on with teams in the GBL and outside the league with little success. For a short time in the middle of the 2006 season, I was in negotiations with the Reno Silver Sox to become their radio voice for the 2nd half and the playoffs.

Since the Mesa days, I do a on-again, off-again sports talk show at WPMD.org on the campus of Cerritos College. With my current hotel job, it leaves me very little time to prepare a top-notch show. I was also slated to be the Pac-10 expert for a show based in Phoenix, but that show has not hit the air yet. I attended the Major League Baseball Winter Meetings in December and met a lot of good people and broadcaster bretheren.

As for Darrell, he went back to work for a fundraising company near Long Beach. From my knowledge, he has not been on the air since the GBL Championship game.

I would be happy to continue any conversations via e-mail or on this message board. Sorry about the delay in response, I dod not know this board existed until very recently.

Ervin
05-04-2007, 07:32 PM
John,
I missed your broadcasting last year and was looking all over the internet for you. Glad to read on another GBL thread the "Commish" is considering hiring you. I hope that works out and I will be looking forward to you broadcasting this year. Best wishes.
Ervin

JPotter
05-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Ervin:
Thanks again for the kind words.

As mentioned, I am in negotiations with a GBL team. I do not want to say much more because nothing is official. If something does become official, look for it on the GBL website or right here on this board.