PDA

View Full Version : Rattlers vs Squires?

meyes
02-13-2004, 09:15 AM
This morning the Squires vs Rattlers game which had been scheduled for last night is no longer listed on the schedule at ABAlive.com. Is also has been deleted from both teams' sites. However the ABA standings show the Squires with another win and Vegas with another loss. Does anybody know anything?

Sam Hill
02-13-2004, 12:51 PM
I can't believe your league sources, who tip you off to stuff that's going to happen before it happens, can't tell you what happened after it happens so that you don't have to constantly ask this forum what happened to games.

I think you've been at this long enough to know that this is what the ABA does. If you go looking for games sometimes, the league tells you that these aren't the games you're looking for, or that they never existed in the first place. Then when you get to the end of the season (if they get to the end of the season) and there are unplayed games, they clear their throats and say "Oh, look over there! It's the postseason tournament! Come on, let's go!" and hope you don't ask them again what happened to the games that went unplayed.

Or, they'll wait a week and just make up a score, like they've done before.

mexican fan
02-13-2004, 02:51 PM
:evil: So, now Las Vegas has two losses in games they never played, like the one against Tijuana last december. I hope Tijuana gets a new franchise in some Mexican League, the level might not be great, but at least they are serious. By the way Sam Bowie left the Juarez team to play in CIBACOPA, a league that play in the Northwest of Mexico. Mexican team member Victor Avila opted to play in that league instead of playing for the Diablos.

anon
02-13-2004, 08:04 PM
was cancelled, or shall I say Vegas gave Jersey the win...They wouldn't fly in to play the game. I doubt that they will be finishing the seasons. One team bites the dust.