PDA

View Full Version : York, PA Stadium: Clipper Magazine clone?

ACsurfan
07-13-2006, 08:49 AM
I was over in York, PA on Monday and checked out the Arch Street ballpark site. Man, is that a run-down looking neighborhood or what?

Anyway, I swear the pic of the proposed York stadium looks exactly like Clipper Magazine Stadium in Lancaster right down to the entrance with the two square buildings and the entry in between.

I'm sure it's all about money but ... too bad York can't come up with its own unique stadium design. In any event, both stadiums blow away Harrisburg's AA park. I've seen better college stadiums.

barnstormin
07-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Well in my opinion it does look like Clipper magazine Stadium but this is the trend. Its the same everywhere...none of the stadiuma re truly unique anymore. People complained about the "cookie cutter stadiums" Riverfront, the Vet and 3 Rivers which were all built around the same time. Now its back to the retro stadiums and they basically look the same...its just a new shape of cookie cutter! Now its the same in the minor leagues and the indy leagues as well. They all use the same architect company and that's what happens. Now as far as ''blowing away the Harrisburg Stadium"....the best thing they could do in Harrisburg is let that stadium flood completely the next time....and let it float down the Susquehanna! The concept of a stadium on the river is great....but it floods practically every year and is a waste of money to put something really nice there on the island.

radioguy
07-22-2006, 08:21 AM
is that York will have a baseball team and now I have a choice to go between York, Lancaster & Harrisburg. Although I like Clipper Stadium...it seems to lose that fan friendly atmosphere that Commerce Bank Park has in Harrisburg.

Growing up in Detroit, I spent many summer days and nights in the very friendly confines of old Tiger Stadium.

I'll be at the York Revolution Fanfest on August 5th at the Expo Center...that's for sure!

barnstormin
07-22-2006, 10:11 AM
I know what you mean about being excited for York to get a team. I am a Barnstormer season ticket holder and I felt the same way. I only live about 5 minutes from CMS but i do look forward to attending as many games as possible in York. It will be a nice rivalry. I will also be at the Revolution's fan fest!

Duckfan
07-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Aha! They shot spies during the Revolution!

barnstormin
07-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Spy? What?