PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Rosters

TimosMami2003
07-06-2006, 06:24 PM
http://www.atlanticleague.com/cgi-bin/news/news.cgi?id=1152148405

The Bridgeport Bluefish and Atlantic League of Professional Baseball have announced the rosters for the 9th annual All Star Game to be played in Bridgeport next Wednesday, July 12th, at the Ballpark at Harbor Yard.

The contest will feature the North Division All Stars vs. the South Division All Stars and a pre-game homerun derby.

The North will be led by Bridgeport Bluefish manager Dave LaPoint. His staff will include pitching coach Brian Warren (BPT) and hitting coach Victor Torres (NWK). Leading the South will be Atlantic City manager Jeff Ball, while his Atlantic City Surf pitching coach Lincoln Mikkelsen will do double duty serving as the South pitching coach and one of its pitchers.

Those players elected by the fans:
North

1B - Mike Huggins-PRW
1B - Bucky Jacobsen-LI
2B - Steve Hine-BPT
2B - Carlos Hernandez-LI
3B - Bryant Nelson-BPT
3B - Erick Almonte-LI
SS - Tony Schrager-LI
OF - Barry Wesson-BPT
OF - Will Pennyfeather-NWK
OF - Mel Stocker-LI
OF - Jose Herrera-NWK
DH - Manny Mejia-PRW
C - Hector Kuilan-BPT
C - Sandy Aracena-PRW :p
RHP - Pat Ahearne-LI
RHP - Pat Mahomes-LI
RHP - T.J. Mathews-BPT
RHP - Luther Hackman-BPT
LHP - Melvin Pizarro-PRW
RHP - Joey Cole-NWK
RHP - Joe Gannon-NWK
RHP - Kevin Hodges-BPT

South
1B - Larry Barnes-SOM
1B - Clyde Williams-AC
2B - Demetrius Heath-AC
2B - Jose Ortiz-LAN
3B - Jeff Nettles-SOM
3B - Denny Abreu-CAM
SS - Raul Marval-AC
OF - Ryan Radmanovich-SOM
OF - Quincy Foster-LAN
OF - Reggie Taylor-LAN
OF - Pedro Swann-CAM
DH - Todd Leathers-AC
C - Lance Burkhart-LAN
C - Fernando Lunar-SOM
RHP - Lincoln Mikkelsen-AC
RHP - Mark Persails-AC
RHP - Mark Difelice-CAM
RHP - Denny Harriger-LAN
RHP - Matt Knox-LAN
RHP - Mike Johnson-SOM
RHP - Ben Crockett-SOM
RHP - Jason DiAngelo-AC

TimosMami2003
07-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Is anyone going to the All-Star game??

moofis
07-08-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm going to the All-Star game :)

TimosMami2003
07-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Alright!!!!! See you there ;-) (We're finally able to go!)

moofis
07-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi. I think I saw you at the game. You were wearing the shirt with Aracena on the back, right?

TimosMami2003
07-15-2006, 10:26 PM
haha...yep that was me!! And our little guy, TJ, was wearing the same shirt!! I don't know if you also got to see, but TJ got to hang out on the field w/all the guys during the HR derby...he had soooo much fun (and was givin' everyone hi-5's!!)
Didya enjoy the game??? Too bad the North lost :-(
By the way... I took about a BAZILLION pictures, and I'll share them as soon as I can get them developed..I'm still in NY right now- ;)

Duckfan
07-17-2006, 12:21 AM
TM,
I have a DVD of the game for you. When you get home shoot me an e-mail with your snail mail address(sorry I deleted it) and I'll send it out to you. I think you're going to like it. There's a good shot of Sandy with TJ.

P.S. Tell Sandy that if he gets in another televised game, take a pitch or two. He got plenty of face time when he was behind the plate but his AB's were really brief. He never gave the play by play guys a chance to hype his stats.