PDA

View Full Version : SEL Website Back Online

indylg_undertaker
02-03-2004, 09:48 PM
I just checked the Southeastern League official site this evening. It's back online but the only thing in the way of news about its future is: "The league's operation for the 2004 season is currently under review. More information will be posted as it becomes available."

the godfather
02-05-2004, 11:00 AM
james gamble is no longer with the SEBL, they are suppose tell the status of the league the end of this week. :cry:

indylg_undertaker
02-06-2004, 10:03 AM
The Macon Telegraph reports that a decision on the league's future will come on Feb. 16. They are even forgoing their franchise fee to recruit ownership for some of the teams.

http://www.macon.com/mld/telegraph/sports/7887335.htm

AZSCUMP9
02-06-2004, 01:36 PM
I speak from experience in the North Atlantic League 1995. They had 4 teams 2 of which were close to each other, but the teams see each other so darn much it leads to trouble. Also its getting time to get this done as summer entertainment plans are being made now

indylg_undertaker
02-07-2004, 09:41 PM
To me, it sounds like desperation when a two-year-old league decides not to charge a franchise fee. Plus the talk in the papers is that Albany and Macon, GA -- two cities where affiliated and indy league ball has failed before -- are in the mix. It's ahame that the Southeast will be losing indepedent ball.

the godfather
02-14-2004, 04:16 PM
The southeastern league commissioner James Gamble is now Pensacola Director of Players development. Pensacola jumped from the sebl to the central league and so did Gamble :lol: