PDA

View Full Version : Bears clean house

zuma jay
06-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Glad to see The Newark Bears Professional Baseball Club being proactive in trying to get the team back into contention. Sorry to see Keith Maxwell go... but Maxwell along with a few others had become dead wood.

Hopefully Pitcher Enemencio Pacheco, and catcher Marcos Sanchez can get the team to be at least a .500 ballclub.

In any event, whether Manager Chris Jones was behind the player shuffling or the new GM ordered it, at least us Bears fans have a reason to be interested in the team again.

beatman10
06-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Right now the Bears hitters don't scare anybody! I think we have the fewest runs scored in the league. You're right. I liked Kieth Maxwell but this year he was hitting about .160. Whatever happened to Wil Quintana? He was good for getting a clutch hit. Who's he playing for now?
I really like the guy Demetrius "Meatball" Heath on the AC Surf. He's not a power hitter, but he's got a good eye and is always a threat to beat out a base hit or steal a base with his speed. Hes good at manufacturing runs and that's exactly what the Bears need!! Oh, that, and some bullpen help, too!!:rolleyes:

ACsurfan
06-12-2006, 08:52 AM
With all due respect, the Bears stink. I saw the Bears' Pat Daneker get shelled on Saturday in game 1 at Bernie Robbins Stadium and then yesterday the Bears got blown out again by the Surf. The only Bears player that seems to care is Will Pennyfeather.

Does anybody know what happened to this once proud franchise?