PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Road Warriors - Boo Newark Bears

zuma jay
06-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Congrats to Manager Ryan Minor and the Road Warriors team...the club has won 11 games already. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in previous seasons I believe the Road Warriors were lucking to win 14 games during the entire first half...

This year the club is actually ahead of the Newark Bears in the standings. Since the Road Warriors get no publicity - can anybody offer insight into how first year Manager Minor has been able to make the Road Warriors so competitive?

And, speaking of the Bears...yesterday's game at the Den was an utter disgrace to us Newark Bears fans. The new GM that the Bears got from Camden - (Brandt?) stinks!
I say fire Chris Jones as Manager and Hire Ryan Minor!

Duckfan
06-05-2006, 09:13 PM
The last time I checked, Jeff Scott is the manager of the Road Warriors, Minor is a coach. They're both doing a good job.

zuma jay
06-06-2006, 09:20 AM
My mistake. With no coaching experience prior to this season, I guess it would be a little far fetched for Ryan Minor to be named an Atlantic League Manager...

barnstormin
06-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Minor is not the manager of the Road Warriors but if you take notice at games he does do all the things the manager normally does...takes the lineup card out, removes the pitchers etc etc. My guess is that he is really "managing " the team and Jeff Scott has taken on more of the pitching coach duties. I think they are trying to get Ryan some "experience" so he can be named manager of the Southern Md Blue Crabs when they come into the league. Also about the Road Warriors having a better record this season...simply put...the team has better players this year. There are some players on there who are considerably better than Road Warrior teams of the past.

TimosMami2003
06-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Well you know WHY they're doing better this year right..... It's because of SANDY ARACENA!!!!!!! ok, sorry----had to say it!! ;-)

TimosMami2003
06-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Ok, have to get my "say" in here. Sandy said that he really likes Ryan Minor. Said he's a great guy, understands everyone, and is always listening. PLUS he knows what he's doing! (You'd be surprised at some of the coaches/managers he's had...). I also think that with these guys not having the home field advantage, it makes them want to play even harder.

barnstormin
06-07-2006, 08:54 AM
I think that they all enjoy playing for Ryan too and that's great to hear because he has always been a favorite of mine. He has such an even and calm demeanor...seems like a perfect fit for a manager. btw..timos mami...I will try to get you some photos of Sandy this weekend when they come in to Lancaster. I am at every game an could possibly get a few for you!

TimosMami2003
06-07-2006, 06:25 PM
btw..timos mami...I will try to get you some photos of Sandy this weekend when they come in to Lancaster. I am at every game an could possibly get a few for you!

Thank you!! I would appreciate it if you could. We're hoping to visit in July, but not 100% sure yet. Any pics I would love!!
Amber
:p

barnstormin
06-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Okay...I will do what I can for you!

TimosMami2003
06-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Thank you sooooo much!