PDA

View Full Version : WIZARDS JUST KEEP ON ROLLIN !!!

WIZ Kid
01-31-2004, 06:15 AM
Even with 2 of our Top players out, ( Kaniel Dickens - Knee injury while trying out for the lakers ) ( Mourice Carter - Trying out with the Lakers. )
The Wizards are still very, very much in the driver seat of the CBA.
I do have a couple of questiosn for the Rockford fans. 1) Does anyone know what happened to Wadley ? I don't remember seeing anything on the Roster transactions regarding him. He lit up the score board last time he was here against the Wizards. 2) I guess this is for all the fans of the other teams actually. Is Lawrence Nelson as Big of an " A " Hole in any other arena ? Or is he just like that when he is playing against Us.
Great game last night. Enjoyed every minute of it. And hope todays is just as exciting ! :twisted:

Ken, Steelheads fan
01-31-2004, 01:43 PM
You better hope Maurice Carter sticks with the Lakers. Overall, Dakota may be a better team without Carter. He tends to attempt to win games all by himself. Gary coach Duane Ticknor recognized that and got Maurice Carter out of town as soon as possible. Didn't wait for a player--traded him to Dakota for cash.

I guess Gary isn't the only place Lawrence Nelson acts that way. The fans love him (love to hate him?) in Gary no matter which team he is with because he interacts with the crowd the entire time he is in the game. Nelson hasn't visited Gary yet this year, but I know the fans are going to give him an boisterous welcome when they find out he is with the Rockford Lightning.

Wizard57
01-31-2004, 01:57 PM
Mo Carter did stick with the Lakers (signed a 10 day contract) and the Wizards are going to miss the heck out of him. Talk about a player getting "mislabeled" as trouble for no reason. He has fit in great with the rest of the team. In fact during the past 3 weeks he has probably played better basketball then anyone in the league.

Remember Ticknor used to coach the Wizards a few years ago. And as everyone here remembers, once you get in Ticknor's "Doghouse" there aint no gettin out. So keep sending us your Oliver Miller's and Mo Carter's, Gary is turning into a nice feeder program for the Wizards!

Ken, Steelheads fan
02-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Yes, I see what you mean...
Mo Carter did stick with the Lakers (signed a 10 day contract) and the Wizards are going to miss the heck out of him.

Dakota missed having Maurice Carter in the line-up so much last night that Dakota lit-up Rockford for a 24 point margin of victory. Dakota also won 6.5 of a possible 7.0 quarter points. Geez! :roll:

WIZ Kid
02-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Yeah !.......... Kinda makes ya wonder why Joeger is still coaching in the CBA ?

Year after year he has proven that he can build a team with players,That in all Honesty, would love to be playing somewhere warmer than Bismarck and making alot more money someplace else.

lightning fan
02-02-2004, 05:13 PM
I was told he was excused for a funeral.

He played today and helped lightning defeat storm.

WIZ Kid
02-02-2004, 07:39 PM
You better hope Maurice Carter sticks with the Lakers. Overall, Dakota may be a better team without Carter. He tends to attempt to win games all by himself. Gary coach Duane Ticknor recognized that and got Maurice Carter out of town as soon as possible. Didn't wait for a player--traded him to Dakota for cash.

I guess Gary isn't the only place Lawrence Nelson acts that way. The fans love him (love to hate him?) in Gary no matter which team he is with because he interacts with the crowd the entire time he is in the game. Nelson hasn't visited Gary yet this year, but I know the fans are going to give him an boisterous welcome when they find out he is with the Rockford Lightning.

WOW !
Now Mo is playing in place of Kobe !
Ticknor ,..................... Keep sending em our way !

Ken, Steelheads fan
02-02-2004, 08:37 PM
...and Kobe has been known to force up too many shots too. Mo is therefore an excellent replacement.

WIZ Kid
02-03-2004, 04:09 AM
OOOOOH ! 8)
He shoots !,................He scores !!!
Point taken.
Just glad to see that these guys are getting their due's.

CBAfan
02-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Wizards lose another player!!! Wow. Eddie Gill is going to the Blazers. How does this team keep wining. I think loosing Eddie will actually take a pretty big toll on this team. Oh, well Iím sure coach Joeger will find a way to win. Not too many teams could loose a list of players like Oliver Miller, Sean Lampley, Eddie Gill, Mo Carter, and Kaniel Dickens (for a few weeks) and Junior Harrington (to Europe) and continue to stay in first place. With our luck Dickens will probably get called up again.

WIZ Kid
02-13-2004, 08:11 PM
With the way things are going. Dakota May not win to many more games. All Of our starting line up has been called up by the NBA. Is it a Blessing or a Burden !?
Obviously, it is a great thing for the players. But We are loosing all or most of our talent from the team.
Now , Coach Joeger has the ability to put a great team together, but it takes time for them to gell and start working as a well oiled machine.
And by the time that starts to happen for this new bunch, it may be to late. The playoffs are starting to look dim for the Wizards.

Ken, Steelheads fan
02-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Hmmm. Dakota and Idaho seem to be the only teams trying to advance to the play-offs at this time. Two teams have already dug a hole too deep for themselves. The other three teams in contention for the other two play-off spots seem to be playing "not to lose" on a nightly basis.

CBAfan
02-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Now , Coach Joeger has the ability to put a great team together, but it takes time for them to gell and start working as a well oiled machine.
And by the time that starts to happen for this new bunch, it may be to late. The playoffs are starting to look dim for the Wizards.

The Wizards beat Yakima pretty good last night. The real test will be tonight at Idaho. It looks like the addition of Rodney Bufard and Ashraf Amaya have helped a lot. Granted it sucks that all our players are getting called-up to the NBA, but that is the whole point of the CBA. Anyways, I think next year it will only help us more because players will realize that if they play for coach Joeger and the Wizards, the NBA will be watching.... I think the Wizards will be just fine heading into the playoffs, we might not win it all, but I think we will be competitive. I wouldn't be suprised if Mo Carter will return, now that Kobe is back with the Lakers.