PDA

View Full Version : Let's play!!!

DBfishfan
04-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Can't wait for May 3rd! Bluefish open at home vs. the Ducks!!! Not many guys left from last year's Bridgeport team, but Dave LaPoint seems like he's got some enthusiasm....and will get these guys to play. New owners seem like they're putting effort into promotions & sponsorships. Have been a big Atlantic League fan for years.....going back to 2000, really. Loved guys like Mel Wearing Jr., and Mike Guilfoyle. Quincy Foster and Jeff Nettles. Rolo Avila and DJ Boston. Dwight Manness and Travis Hake. Glen Murray and Hector Kuilan.... Gary Burnham and Jamie Gann. Guys who come to play and have good stories to tell. I like the fact that the Atlantic League is fan friendly. You can chat with players and learn more about what makes them tick. Harbor Yard's been a great place to spend many evenings....and I hope to see more of the league's parks this year. Gotta admire Long Island for its strong fan support.....and Somerset, for how Sparky Lyle keeps his team in there, year after year. We've even had some good chats with the umps over the past few seasons---they're guys who love the game just as much as the players. You could let me pick from Broadway or the opera or the Atlantic League. I'd take a night (or day) at the ballpark, every time. Play ball!!! And good luck to all....

TimosMami2003
04-30-2006, 01:08 PM
I agree! I'd much rather be at the ballpark any time!!! :p

Duckfan
04-30-2006, 05:02 PM
I think you guys in Bridgeport are going to like LaPoint. He was our pitching coach for a few ears. He's a class act and loves the game as much as we do. I hope to be up in BP a few times this year. The ferry deal on Sunday afternoon is one of the best values in baseball. I hate to say it, but I like Harbor Yard more than Citibank Park. It's a prettier ballpark and the food is better (and cheaper too). I hope you folks in BP get it together and finally support that team. I'd hate to lose them like we lost the Pride.

moofis
05-08-2006, 04:25 PM
I'ts good to see the Bluefish off to a good start. I know they 'Fish had a good start last year and then collapses, but this year I expect the Bluefish to compete with the Ducks the entire season.

Go BLuefish!!

TimosMami2003
05-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey you Bridgeport fans!! My hubby plays w/the Road Warriors and is in Bridgeport right now.

If any of you take pics at the game, I'd def love to see them!
Thanks! :D

TimosMami2003
05-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Sorry I got the schedule mixed up and the Road Warriors don't play the Bluefish until late next week---WHOOPS!!

Duckfan
05-12-2006, 02:56 PM
TM,
The Ducks are playing the Road Warriors this weekend. I'm going to the game on Sunday. He's #27, correct? I'll get you some pix. (Provided it doesn't rain)

TimosMami2003
05-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Thanks a bunch!! Yes, he is #27-catcher
(I got a little mixed up on my weekends there.. ;) )

Hope the rain holds up... I've heard its been foggy and raining alot in that area over there :mad:
Nothing like sitting at a game in the rain... (Ah, the good ol' days!)

Duckfan
05-14-2006, 07:45 PM
TM,
I e-mailed some pics. It was quite a large file. If you have any roblems receiving it, let me know and I'll work out something else.

TimosMami2003
05-15-2006, 09:41 PM
I replied to your email ---thanks again for the pictures. I really do appreciate it. When our son TJ saw the pics he went crazy!! He was saying "Ohhh, daddy's playing baseball"... (He's only 2!)
Sorry Sandy killed your team...doesn't it figure that he heats up against your team heehee ;)

Brteyes1
05-15-2006, 10:02 PM
:) As a long distance fan of the ducks, I don't get to go to the games anymore.. was wondering if anyone goes to the games regularly, and would take some pics of their new catcher. #23 Greg Connors. I used to watch him play with the M's farm club.. anyone know what he's been up to the last couple years?

Thanks..

Duckfan
05-15-2006, 10:20 PM
It's OK. I don't expect to win every game. Being a member of the Road Warriors has to be one of the toughest jobs in baseball. It's nice to see one of those guys break out once in a while. It's even nicer when I can help his family share in it, even if only a little. I'm glad you and TJ enjoyed the pictures.
Keep asking for pictures. With a little luck you'll have pictures of your husband in every park in the league.

P.S. I haven't gotten your reply. That may have happened if you sent it as a "reply". When you do that they send the entire message with the reply. I don't know if my ISP will accept a message that large. They let me send it and your ISP accepted it but I don't know if the reverse is true. The offer still stands. I've already burned the CD. Try sending me the info I need by clicking on my screen name and sending me an e-mail from the drop down menu.

Jim

Duckfan
05-15-2006, 10:48 PM
:) As a long distance fan of the ducks, I don't get to go to the games anymore.. was wondering if anyone goes to the games regularly, and would take some pics of their new catcher. #23 Greg Connors. I used to watch him play with the M's farm club.. anyone know what he's been up to the last couple years?

Thanks..
Brteyes1,
Greg got off to a rough start at the plate but he appears to be coming around. There's no question about his defensive ability. I expect him to make a positive contribution this year.
According to the Duck's site, he last played in 2003 and apparently took a few years off before giving it one last shot. I'll try to get you some pictures but I'm not due to go to another game until the 25th and there's no guarantee Greg will play that night. We'll see.
In the meantime, go to www.liducks.com They have a recent picture of him and a nice write up from a game last week. There's also a link on that page that allows you to listen to webcasts of all the Duck's Friday, Saturday and Sunday games.

Here, I'll make it easy,

http://www.liducks.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=gameRecaps&newsID=453

TimosMami2003
05-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Keep asking for pictures. With a little luck you'll have pictures of your husband in every park in the league.
Jim

If only I knew other people in those cities... :lol:
If you happen to go to any away, you just let me know! :lol:

TimosMami2003
05-16-2006, 10:23 PM
P.S. I haven't gotten your reply. That may have happened if you sent it as a "reply". When you do that they send the entire message with the reply. I don't know if my ISP will accept a message that large. They let me send it and your ISP accepted it but I don't know if the reverse is true. The offer still stands. I've already burned the CD. Try sending me the info I need by clicking on my screen name and sending me an e-mail from the drop down menu.
Jim

I did hit reply...but it wasn't to the pictures email (it was the article). I will send you a blank email, so it's not quite as large!
Thanks for burning a cd...you really didn't have to do that! (But you know I def appreciate it!!)
:-)
Amber

Brteyes1
05-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi.. Thanks so much for responding.. I do appreciate it... did you go to the game on the 25th? If you were able to take any pictures, please let me know..

The Ducks are doing great!!!

Duckfan
05-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Yes I did go to the game. Greg did not play that night. He was there but he never came out of the dugout. sorry, no pix. I'll try next time.

Brteyes1
06-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks for letting me know..hope you enjoyed the game.. :)