PDA

View Full Version : Four New Teams

#1 Guard Fan
04-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Looks like they have added four more teams. I wonder how long it will take the league to say that Fayetteville and Roanoke will not be back next year.
http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/expansion_060406.html

Mike4FireAntz34
04-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the NBDL .... now we can have more than 4 playoff teams...which is a good thing for any league... I will be pissed if the Patriots get moved up...b/c they might have the best team in the league next year...you never know.....And I went to the Patriots Season Ticket holders dinner and play on the court with the Patriots thing last night and the players said we have the best arena in the whole league and best practice complex's out of all the teams.

sblack19
05-25-2006, 09:21 PM
It's looks like there are some serious interest in Elkhart, IN being considered for a D-League Franchise. With the Elkhart Express (IBL) averaging close to 2800 per game (highest among all minor league teams) and being within 5hrs of five NBA teams (Pacers, Bulls, Pistons, Cavs, & Bucks) it seems like the D-League has a golden market waiting. And it doesn't hurt that Basketbal is HOOSIER HYSTERIA!!

What do you all think?

johnnydr87
05-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Elkhart being near NBA teams makes no difference. There are many places near NBA teams.

How close is Elkhart to other NBDL teams?

2800 is a good number....but it's not higher than the RimRocker average in the NBDL. When the RimRockers were in the ABA, they had around 5000 per game.

panchess
05-26-2006, 07:01 AM
Yakama, Sioux Falls and Dakota averaged more than 2,800 last season in the CBA. That said, if the team is averaging 2,800 paid, it is doing a great job.

Indiana was one of the states mentioned for CBA expansion, so maybe that is the league Elkhart is considering. Elkhart is busable to Gary, Rockford, and Michigan (though the Mayhem may fold, I still think the CBA will be back in Michigan somewhere next season), so that would make more sense.

I agree with the previous comment on being close to NBA teams. It looks like the D-League is going to be a mix of teams in NBA cities (Anaheim, Broomfield, LA) and self-sustaining teams like Sioux Falls.