PDA

View Full Version : Idea that would work for the NBDL

Mike4FireAntz34
03-13-2006, 08:06 PM
I think their should be 16 teams in the NBDL.....with 8 teams from the west and mid-west and 8 on the east coast then have 8 teams make the playoffs have 4 teams play in each playoff bracket.. 1st round best of 3 games ,2nd round best of 3 games, 3rd round NBDL Finals best of 5 games....

Ken, Steelheads fan
03-13-2006, 09:54 PM
I think their should be 16 teams in the NBDL.....with 8 teams from the west and mid-west and 8 on the east coast then have 8 teams make the playoffs have 4 teams play in each playoff bracket.. 1st round best of 5 games ,2nd round best of 5 games, 3rd round NBDL Finals best of 7 games....

Whoa! That's an awful lot of post season minor league basketball you've got there. You must remember that the players do not make that much money stateside and may wish to seek greener pastures overseas as soon as the season is over.

Besides, I'm not so sure the owners would be thrilled with the prospect of losing more money on more arena rental for more small crowds (if more arena dates can even be secured).

Mike4FireAntz34
03-14-2006, 04:35 PM
There I edited my post

Pounder
03-14-2006, 04:45 PM
The CBA has a bunch of closing candidates, and the travel expense of scheduling everyone against everyone is part of the problem.

A nationwide footprint is foolhardy.. though the D-League may not be in a position to consider anything else.