PDA

View Full Version : Bakersfield, eh?

Pounder
02-15-2006, 12:32 PM
First off, if anyone is actually still thinking the D-League might stick around in the Southeast, this might be a message for ya.

Bakersfield? Interesting. Wonder if they're going to try to add some teams around it. I don't see Fresno being able to compete against their college team, same with Vegas, and even Stockton has University of the Pacific on a roll right now.

Prescott, Arizona?

Minor League Man
02-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Inglewood-Forum (17,505)
Fresno-Save Mart Center (18,000) or Selland Arena (10,120)
Long Beach-Arena (11,200)
Stockton-Arena (10,000)
Everett-Events Center (8,250)

toad455
02-15-2006, 11:00 PM
If this is their only expansion team for next season, expect either Florida or Fayetteville to relocate their.

skippy
02-16-2006, 01:27 AM
look for Las Vegas, possibly Tucson and Tacoma and other AAA to large AA {baseball reference} sized cities in the Western US. Look for Florida to relocate, Fayetteville and Roanoke to disappear, and the league to expand to 16 within the next year.

Pounder
02-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Let me break this down...

Inglewood? You all remember the legends of late arriving Laker crowds. Folks, that didn't happen because LA fans are snot-nosed snobs. Let's just say I've driven there before. Besides, the Forum is still too big. BTW, if Inglewood is bad, you can imagine what I think of Long Beach... bad idea to try to compete in major markets. Let's just say that I'm not surprised that Fort Worth is bringing up the rear in D-League attendance this year.

You do NOT compete against Fresno State in Fresno. You do NOT compete against the University of Arizona in Tucson. It is that simple. I also mentioned Stockton and U of the Pacific... well, that's as much of a risk as anywhere, I guess.

Tacoma has too large a facility. Everett is prepared for this... but did you ever take down the mileage from Puget Sound to Southern California? Albuquerque is closer. Unless you steal Yakima and get Salem OR into the mix, and figure out how to add a fourth, I'm not sure Northwest expansion is a good idea.

There is a reason Las Vegas is a sports graveyard. Please finally let that sink in.

I mentioned Prescott for the new arena being built there. They actually make more sense. The Inland Empire makes sense if someone can finally get an arena built there. Perhaps Lancaster/Palmdale is a better idea, however.

#1 Guard Fan
02-16-2006, 01:05 PM
I would say this will be the Fayetteville team's new home next year. Maybe they can put a better product on the court out there

skippy
02-16-2006, 05:26 PM
I agree that all those places are bad ideas. That is just what I have heard.
The idea that the NBDL can succeed in markets that other leagues have failed in is comical and arrogant.

#1 Guard Fan
02-27-2006, 02:17 PM
I don't see the league making it much longer anyway. If things are not fixed and fixed fast it will not last

preeths
02-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Don't want to oversimplify things, but it will last as long as the NBA wants it to last. People said five years ago, and every year since, that NFL Europe was on its deathbed, but it too will last as long as the NFL wants it to. I don't see any softening in the NBA's support of the D-League. In fact, they seem to have plans to make it bigger.

Dunkenstein
03-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Hello Everybody,

I just heard that the NBDL is planning to put a team in Anaheim, California. I hope that it's true but you never know. Has anybody heard something like that?

mrcool92501
03-02-2006, 01:41 PM
that the sacramento kings is considering moving down to anaheim

Tha Man
03-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Here my 2 cents take it with a gain a salt if you want.

2 more teams in Calf.
5 new news in the midwest
2 more possible in the NW

Fayetteville & Roanake will be relocated, so that rosters can be transferred.

Flame? who knows, they are up in the air right now...

#1 Guard Fan
03-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Yeah Fayetteville will finally leave. What a total waste of money that team has been this year. Makes you wonder why they have have only won 8 games this year. The league has a good reason to move them now. Looks bad when you move a team that has top attendance in the league. I smell something funny here. Could be a set up

Mike4FireAntz34
03-07-2006, 06:37 PM
We'll I hope that they don't relocate Fayetteville's team...My hope is that they just expand to more teams instead of moving teams.... But If Fayetteville stays next year they might have the complete opposite season as this year.......you never no

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 Guard Fan
03-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Wake up dude they are gone. No if's about that

Mike4FireAntz34
03-07-2006, 07:13 PM
I really think that they will keep the Patriots in Fayetteville and just add more teams to the league

Heck they might as well have 1 team for every pro team to call down a player...instead of 3 teams for 1.....

#1 Guard Fan
03-07-2006, 09:38 PM
I tell you what if they have a team here next year I will buy you tickets to the game of your choice. There is no way in hell the team will be back next year. I don't look to see any teams left on the east coast after this year. it is a real shame the way things have gone. You would figure Basketball if nothing else would have made a good go of it

Mike4FireAntz34
03-07-2006, 10:51 PM
I tell you what if they have a team here next year I will buy you tickets to the game of your choice. There is no way in hell the team will be back next year. I don't look to see any teams left on the east coast after this year. it is a real shame the way things have gone. You would figure Basketball if nothing else would have made a good go of it

There would be no point for you to buy me a ticket to a game of my choice next year if they are still here since my girlfriend's parents are season ticket holders since the first year the Patriots came in! :D

skippy
03-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Also look for the NBDL to have several east coast teams....
Again in markets that have repeatedly failed.

#1 Guard Fan
03-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Not sure where you are getting youR east coast teams info but all I am hearing is that all the east coast teams will be gone next year. This league has been nothing but a tax right off.

skippy
03-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Not teams in the south.

New teams on the east coast.

#1 Guard Fan
03-13-2006, 06:22 PM
link???
Ok what cities are you talking about then

skippy
03-13-2006, 08:00 PM
I don't feel comfortable posting the info, but think of much larger cities that have failed in the CBA, IBL, and other minor leagues, because they are "major league" towns.

It will all come out in due time.

#1 Guard Fan
03-13-2006, 08:16 PM
So just a feeling nothing in writing

Tha Man
03-19-2006, 01:08 AM
Skippys right...

Pounder
03-20-2006, 02:51 PM
I have no reason to doubt Skippy...

...I just see another bad strategy. I'm virtually cringing.

I think it's easier to draw crowds in smaller markets (at least slightly smaller than "major league markets", anyway).

#1 Guard Fan
03-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Time will tell. The Fayetteville team is still trying to sell the idea they will be back next year. Things that make you go ummmmmmm