PDA

View Full Version : Three UIFL Teams ready to crash and burn !

indoorfootball
04-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Three UIFL Teams are ready to crash and burn. Burn their fans, players, coaches. What a shame Jackie Moon (owner of Johnstown, Sting and Hammer) held the dreams and efforts of all his loyal followers to a short lived season. The writing is all but on the wall. No Players have been paid. The new GM & his asstitant in Johnstown may have been the finishing blow to every thing. The two did not do a thing to help the strugling team. Not one sponsor was signed. Rumor is they are robbing the team also. It was bad enough the owner of the teams made himself a Head Coach of the WPA Sting instead of being an Owner and run the Football Business.

gatek99
04-02-2012, 07:09 PM
The Hammer are the WPA Wildcatz, and according to the Wildcatz website the owner is John Reay....so Bollinger only owns two teams, unless I am mistaking

indoorfootball
04-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Thank you for the update. I am not familar with the WPA Wildcatz website.
Where can I learn more about the Wildcatz. Can I get their website info ? Thank you !

gatek99
04-02-2012, 08:59 PM
http://hometeamsonline.com/teams/default.asp?s=football&t=c&u=WPIFL
http://wpawildcatz.com/

indoorfootball
04-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Johnstown's second GM has Quit. What is next ?

DFWCC
04-02-2012, 11:25 PM
This whole thing would make a hollywood comedy hit if it wasn't
so tragic.
I wonder how much these kids have to pay to play in the WPIFL?:)

jbjfootball
04-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Ater seeing what happened in Saginaw last season and N ky What would you expect. Has there ever been a league owned by AH that was not having the issues that he has had?

prometheus222
04-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Three UIFL Teams are ready to crash and burn. Burn their fans, players, coaches. What a shame Jackie Moon (owner of Johnstown, Sting and Hammer) held the dreams and efforts of all his loyal followers to a short lived season. The writing is all but on the wall. No Players have been paid. The new GM & his asstitant in Johnstown may have been the finishing blow to every thing. The two did not do a thing to help the strugling team. Not one sponsor was signed. Rumor is they are robbing the team also. It was bad enough the owner of the teams made himself a Head Coach of the WPA Sting instead of being an Owner and run the Football Business.

Johnstown 6News confirmed that there are financial problems, that players have not been paid and that, according to the GM, the team might not be able to finish the season.

Is there any documented evidence that "they" are robbing the team?
What is the nature of the alleged theft?
Regarding alleged theft, who is "they"?
What is the source of the rumors?

coachingubigr
04-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Johnstown 6News confirmed that there are financial problems, that players have not been paid and that, according to the GM, the team might not be able to finish the season.

Is there any documented evidence that "they" are robbing the team?
What is the nature of the alleged theft?
Regarding alleged theft, who is "they"?
What is the source of the rumors?

Come on dude, this is an Internet message board, not the Wall Street Journal. Take it easy.

prometheus222
04-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Come on dude, this is an Internet message board, not the Wall Street Journal. Take it easy.

My apology. I did not realize it was unreasonable to request source information when someone implies criminal activities are being perpetuated.

daytonadan
04-05-2012, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE=coachingubigr;163004 Take it easy.[/QUOTE]

Ladies and gentlemen, and Jerry ...... The Eagles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKpay8gumw0

jerry101jlh
04-05-2012, 10:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKpay8gumw0

Taking it easy would not be fun, no, trash the culprit for asking for proof, trash the guy who says it doesn't matter, and yes trash that guy that always says something to the effect of nothing ever changes. Yes, let's get tougher on those who express their opinion. This is, after all, a message board, and we all know message boards are trash only venues. lol

daytonadan
04-05-2012, 04:34 PM
I've actually been to Winslow Arizona and stood on the corner. Please note the girl, my Lord, in the flat bed Ford...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/1928_53604991653_533036653_1901078_6670_n.jpg

jerry101jlh
04-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I've actually been to Winslow Arizona and stood on the corner. Please note the girl, my Lord, in the flat bed Ford...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/1928_53604991653_533036653_1901078_6670_n.jpg

If you've been to Winslow then I'd have to say you were pretty bored to make that stop and if you made a detour to get there, ........................... why??????????????

But back on topic. http://tribune-democrat.com/sports/x611944920/Staying-optimistic-Team-s-leaders-hoping-for-second-half-comeback

daytonadan
04-06-2012, 08:09 AM
If you've been to Winslow then I'd have to say you were pretty bored to make that stop and if you made a detour to get there, ........................... why??????????????

But back on topic. http://tribune-democrat.com/sports/x611944920/Staying-optimistic-Team-s-leaders-hoping-for-second-half-comeback

Why???? Yes, dear Jerry, the sights along the interstate are quite mundane, but as an Eagles fan, what a great opportunity to experience a piece of Americana with a few minutes off the main path. There was a route 66 store, a delicious lunch counter and a charming downtown.

Rode route 66 for a couple of hours instead on the interstate as well. Saw great stuff Instead of eating at the chains now infesting the Grand Canyon area, stopped at this old town named Williams and ending staying there the night.

It's like what Sally told Lightning McQueen in Cars -- "Cars didn't drive on it to make great time. They drove on it to have a great time."

And these are the memories that make me a wealthy soul.

Now back on topic ... All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

Caballo Diablo
04-06-2012, 10:04 AM
And these are the memories that make me a wealthy soul.

Alex, that would be What is "Travelin' Man" by Bob Seger.

I'll take classic rock for a thousand.

DFWCC
04-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Daytonadan,
I know the reason why you went to Winslow, Az.
The same reason I sat on the steps of the Acropolis and
pondered those who pondered there. Or Castle Urquhart
on Loch Ness to seek Nessie and walked the ancient streets of Narita Japan.
Matbe it was the Atlas Mts in the distance while crossing from Gilbralter to
the Bazaar in old Tangiers. The Sistine Chapel, Pompei, The Corinth Canal
and Corcovado in Rio, Panama Canal, The Straights of Magelle, beaches of Omaha and then there's Auschwitz of blood & tears. Yes ,I know why you went.
I too have gone and as God is my witness all these and many many more.
I go forth to interior of Venezuala this June. For those who know its not to go
but to be.

Wow was that OT or what.
It was telling D..dan, I understand why he went to Winslow Az.

daytonadan
04-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Daytonadan,
I know the reason why you went to Winslow, Az.
The same reason I sat on the steps of the Acropolis and
pondered those who pondered there. Or Castle Urquhart
on Loch Ness to seek Nessie and walked the ancient streets of Narita Japan.
Matbe it was the Atlas Mts in the distance while crossing from Gilbralter to
the Bazaar in old Tangiers. The Sistine Chapel, Pompei, The Corinth Canal
and Corcovado in Rio, Panama Canal, The Straights of Magelle, beaches of Omaha and then there's Auschwitz of blood & tears. Yes ,I know why you went.
I too have gone and as God is my witness all these and many many more.
I go forth to interior of Venezuala this June. For those who know its not to go
but to be.

Wow was that OT or what.
It was telling D..dan, I understand why he went to Winslow Az.

Wow, DFW, you have to PM and tell me what some of those experiences were like.

You have to appreciate what things mean. I remember being in downtown Atlanta at the old Ebeneezer Baptist Church as a Dr. King sermon was being played and appreciating what came forth from that. Or being on the deck of the Hornet or Yorktown or Alabama and appreciating the service of the men who brought those ships to life. Gives you perspective, doesn't it?

Bouncer_Texxx
04-06-2012, 04:16 PM
This one time, at band camp...

Bouncer_Texxx
04-06-2012, 04:21 PM
There are times when I think we all collectively feel like the customer in the Monty Python Dead parrot skit, and these indoor leagues and/or specific teams are the man behind the counter...

And, now for something completely different
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE

nksports
04-06-2012, 04:22 PM

The Dude: "Do you have any Creedence, man, the Eagles suck."
Cab driver (screeching to a halt): "Get the xxxxx out of my cab! Get the xxxxx out of my cab!"

Caballo Diablo
04-07-2012, 01:03 PM
This one time, at band camp...

Did you meet Michelle?

Bouncer_Texxx
04-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Did you meet Michelle?I can neither confirm nor deny your allegations... :cool: