PDA

View Full Version : Preseason

chuckyman
03-15-2012, 01:56 AM
With training camps set to open this week has anyone thought to come up with a preseason poll for the LSFL?

Gusher
05-08-2012, 07:35 PM
1. Houston
distant
2-7 toss-up

I will be disapointed if Houston gets beat this season. The defense is very strong. They have a good QB and have speed to burn at WR.

chuckyman
05-08-2012, 09:55 PM
I honestly see Houston losing 1 game. Now that would truly suck for them if its in the playoffs, but I doubt they go undefeated. Their legup is that they have the same solid core of players while others may have pieces, but not as many as Houston. As other teams continue to fix and tweak their rosters Houston will continue to stay far ahead. I think once they get later in the season Houston will get pushed a bit more than they have right now. My rankings are this:

1. Houston

2.Rio Grande Valley Magic
3.Amarillo Venom
4.Corpus Christi
5.Abilene Ruff Riders
6.Laredo Rattlesnakes
7.West Texas Roughnecks

treyingeorgia
05-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Houston is the strongest team and it starts with the Quarterback play, there is no other team right now with consistent QB play up to this point. The majority of the teams have had a revolving door at QB. Now the Venom did sign a veteran of SIFL and IFL in Ryan Porter who will hopefully stabilize the position and allow to finish the season strong.

Chuck feel free to post anything on the league website as well.

Thanks
Trey
Webmaster of the LSFL and Member teams....

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
05-22-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm really surprised that W.Texas is playin' this bad. The weird thing is that when they were in a tougher league, they kicked butt.

And now......this.

BananaCat
05-22-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm really surprised that W.Texas is playin' this bad. The weird thing is that when they were in a tougher league, they kicked butt.

And now......this.
Most of their players went with last year's coach to play for the New Mexico Stars this year. It's a wholly different team and coaching staff this year.

treyingeorgia
05-23-2012, 07:44 PM
It starts at QB and line/s Banana, the only team that has been able to stay on the field with Houston to this point has been Amarillo and they had a revolving door at QB. With the recent signing of Nate Davis and 2wks of practice they should be able to close the door on Houston. When they do play the key will be the play of the DB's.

I would say the power ranking for the LSFL would be: ( RGV, Abilene, CC and West Texas are neck and neck though )

Houston
Amarillo
Rio Grande Valley
Abilene
Corpus Christi
West Texas
Laredo

Trey

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
05-26-2012, 02:02 PM
^^RGV has 4 wins, and you're givin' them a THIRD spot?? The rest of the pack has 2 or 3 wins...

However, I will give the LSFL props on one thing........NO team in the league is a pushover. VERY competitive from top to bottom. Allen Wranglers really should consider joining...

treyingeorgia
05-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Outside of Houston and maybe Amarillo ( the issue with them all year has been QB play - maybe N. Davis will level the playing field given time ) it's a dog fight for 3 through 7 with any team able to win on any given night, Abilene and CC have had a couple of game's along this year that went back and forth all night... The teams have definitely made stride's through the year and me being webmaster I've seen it all take shape from day 1.

Trish feel free to visit the message boards on the league website too- hopefully Preeths wont mind the plug. www.texaslsfl.com (http://www.texaslsfl.com)

I am waiting from the league to give me ago ahead to turn on the chatroom soon... hopefully that will be up soon...

Trey

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
05-26-2012, 02:34 PM
^^^^Sounds good...