PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Line

DFWCC
01-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Bottom line.
With all this crap going on. I've got to feel sorry for the
owner/investors who laid down quite a few Franklin Bills only to be shisted
by a nonscrupolous league owner.
Right after that it is the players. Many of whom paid for tryouts got promising contracts for a few bucks just to play a sport they love.
Then come the fans. They love the sport and drop a few bucks for an evenings entertainment. Others poor the heart in the team that represents their fair city.
Finally there are the consessioneers. who might make a few bucks selling hot dogs, popcorn, etc.

It just sad that these scam artist are allowed to prey on the good honest folks
without ever landing in jail.

preeths
01-14-2012, 10:21 AM
How much money have some of the team owners laid out?

From http://www.romenews-tribune.com/view/full_story/17130170/article-Rampage-offices-empty?instance=sports_page_secondary_story :
An owners meeting for the league was originally scheduled for this weekend, but with many of the teams with no funding, Smith and others will try to figure out what to do via conference calls.
No money to travel for a meeting that could determine the future of your franchise/investment?

coachingubigr
01-14-2012, 10:50 AM
"and that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so." sorry had to do that.

I see the UIFL and AIF headed down the same path.

Billy5
01-14-2012, 11:57 AM
How much money have some of the team owners laid out?

From http://www.romenews-tribune.com/view/full_story/17130170/article-Rampage-offices-empty?instance=sports_page_secondary_story :

No money to travel for a meeting that could determine the future of your franchise/investment?

Brings a new meaning to "bus league".

Caballo Diablo
01-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Brings a new meaning to "bush league".
..................................... :wink:

chuckyman
01-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Didn't this someone say the death of the UIFL would come by Conference call lol? Also I know North Kentucky's HC has been proactive about getting his guys to other teams so we know for a fact they won't be in it.

N KY= per above statement.
Danville=RIP.
ROME= I am guessing the same
Florida= Who knows with Haines and Taylor at the head.
Lakeland= Might make it with Mink at the head of things
EKY=Solid Fan Base, and already has their arena paid for for the year and usually has sellouts. Also Kranz has said regardless of the UIFL failing they will play this year even if as independants.
Huntington = Will make it depending on how the sexual harassment case comes out.
Tennessee= RIP haven't heard a peep out of them or any moves
Mississippi = I think they are done too because they have made few moves and have had the same issues as the others.

So we will see how it will shake out I am seeing a bunch of teams playing as independant or joining the CIFL.

Hockey
01-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Maybe criminals should not be "given a second chance" to do the same crime.