PDA

View Full Version : Schedule...

silver14
12-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Now that its out what do you think about it?

exit322
12-27-2011, 08:18 PM
I don't like the 12-game schedule. It eliminates one more home game, two more weeks for the teams to get the word out that they exist. For some fans that may only have heard of a team well into the season, it'll be too late.

My first-ever indoor football game was the 2001 Greyhounds vs Johnstown game where the Hounds won their division. It was the 13th game, and their seventh home game, of the season. Had they only played 12, I'd likely never have been here. Given there were 4,500 people in Wheeling that day, I doubt I'm alone.

chuckyman
12-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Well its no worse and no better than the PIFL schedule, only it starts 2 weeks later. Also you gotta remember the teams in the LSFL and PIFL are established teams with nice sized fan bases already. The new teams in the LSFL are doing their ground work in state to build the buzz and the state of texas loves Arena ball so I don't think it will hurt them in the long run. Either people will be into it or they won't be that's the nature of the beast.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
01-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Should be interesting...

silver14
01-02-2012, 11:17 PM
in my opinion I wish it was a little bit more longer...I would've wanted to see a team at least 2 times so that it would stretch out the schedule and as well keep the league interesting.

VinnyTheViper
01-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Biggest problem I see is the two week difference in the starting dates for the PIFL and the SIFL, this makes the likelihood of a championship game between the two leagues far more remote, if one league finishes a week or two ahead of the other (PIFL ends June 16th) (LSFL ends June 30th) there is no way I see one league paying additional expenses for their championship team while waiting for the other league to finish, the championship game was only a verbal agreement between the two leagues to begin with, but now I do not see this happening with the schedules between the two leagues not coinciding.

chuckyman
01-03-2012, 11:25 AM
That is a problem Vinny but who knows. if the buzz the two leagues takes hold as they want it to. Well might be a situation where they willingly have to make it happen for the good of both leagues but who knows.

VinnyTheViper
01-03-2012, 12:16 PM
There are other issues with the championship game, where would it be played? A neutral site or the site of the champion with the best record? If it is a neutral site, then who attends such a game? Does not make much sense to hold a game at a neutral location if nobody in that location has a vested interest in the game, that makes the game a money loser. The leagues incorporated as separate entities for specific reasons instead of being under one umbrella. The PIFL has also stated its desire to go to rebound nets for the 2013 season, I have no such statement from the LSFL, at best, I see the championship game thing being a one and done thing at best, if the difference in schedules does not do it in, then the difference in rules will. For the championship game between leagues, I will believe it, only when I see it.

chuckyman
01-03-2012, 01:04 PM
There is no difference in the rules the LSFL is not playing indoor rules they are playing arena rules as several of the teams have already come out and said. As for rebound nets who knows, they may or may not, but if both of these leagues are intending to be at least feeder systems for A1 as they have eluded to, or a stand alone Arena League they will have to adopt the rule set and all its nuances. So we will see how the season works out hopefully it will be an exciting one for both leagues

VinnyTheViper
01-03-2012, 04:23 PM
There is no difference in the rules the LSFL is not playing indoor rules they are playing arena rules as several of the teams have already come out and said. As for rebound nets who knows, they may or may not, but if both of these leagues are intending to be at least feeder systems for A1 as they have eluded to, or a stand alone Arena League they will have to adopt the rule set and all its nuances. So we will see how the season works out hopefully it will be an exciting one for both leagues

Sorry to disappoint you, but there will be a difference in rules this season between the two leagues, roster size will be one of them, the LSFL will utilize less players on the roster for the 2012 season than the PIFL will, 18 as opposed to 20, 1 or 2 players less is what I am hearing. And I do not believe that the two leagues going their own separate ways is a bad thing, my point is simply, if the leagues are not standardized with the same schedule starts/ends or rules sets, then what is the point to force feed a championship game between the leagues for the sake of having a game, simply crown a champion for each of the leagues and be done with it. The PIFL teams appear to be far more motivated to move to the full set of AFL rules sooner than the LSFL currently is, the nets will be a cost factor to teams and that seems to be an issue for some of the teams.

gilrenard
01-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Am I missing something?? I go to the LSFL web site and choose the schedule section and see nothing. It also does not seem to positive that there are teams without sites. This close to the season how does a team operate without a web site, and no schedule. Seems like it would be hard to sell tickets, and corporate sponsorships. I am excited to see a new league, but this kinda points to doing things on the fly, and not alot of planning. Maybe I am way off base...

chuckyman
01-05-2012, 02:55 PM
The schedule was on the league website if you want to see a copy of it go to LSFL section here at Oursportscentral and its posted there. Also the team websites are under redesign as well as the league website itself. If you look here in the new team websites section treyingeorgia has given a list of links to team sites that have been fully redesigned