PDA

View Full Version : Is "Kebs" French for Pistons?

bluenoser
12-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Let me get this straight - last night Aaron Spears (QUE), allegedly, has to be restrained from going after 2 different groups of HFX fans (including, allegedly, trying to climb into the stands), allegedly throws a water bottle and a ball at them, and is in the lineup today at SJ?

No comment from the league office and QUE doesn't even have the b*##s to sit him today to "investigate"?

Bet the players at CINCY and Xavier wish the NBL was the NCAA and Spon/Bernier were their coach/AD.

Reminds me of the Arecibo team's visit to HFX in the PBL days, actually ...

:(

misenern
12-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Spears should NOT have been playing today.

Stepping up and doing the right thing, ie. suspending Spears and fining the Kebs would have gone a long way in establishing league credibility. Looks like they will try to sweep it under the rug.

robster2001
12-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Hmm... wonder if it's a case of the league office not realizing it needs to be working 7 days a week during the season. :)

noreaster78
12-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Hmm... wonder if it's a case of the league office not realizing it needs to be working 7 days a week during the season. :)

This is garbage of the highest level, especially when the fan who was attacked was not a "ignorant" heckler at all, unlike some in attendance.

Spears, you're a giant dude, take the heat and act like a grownup. Also league, suspend this garbage.

Nuff Said.

misenern
12-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Spears was suspended one game and fined $1000.

noreaster78
12-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Spears was suspended one game and fined $1000.

But I had so much more indignation to spout. A game and a grand, I guess that works.

I also didn't see the drunks at the last game, who were the "provocation" if you can call it that for the affair.

Pity an innocent fan had to take the fall in all this.