PDA

View Full Version : Latest signings for the Erie Explosion

DFWCC
12-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Four more commit

The Erie Explosion have re-signed offensive lineman Mike Fazio to a contract for the 2012 UIFL season.
The 6-foot 4-inch, 295-pound former Edinboro player took every snap at center in 2011. He played for the Storm in 2010.
"Mike Fazio is one of the top centers in indoor football, he has great technique, is extremely durable and reliable, and is an on-field leader," Explosion coach Shawn Liotta said.

Defensive back Sam Reynolds, utility player Bob Hammer and wide receiver and quarterback Darmel Whitfield each have signed contracts for the UIFL season that starts in March.
Reynolds has played in Erie for seven seasons as a member of the Freeze, RiverRats, Storm and Explosion.
Hammer, a Mercyhurst College graduate, has played fullback, guard and on the defensive line.
Whitfield, a Gannon graduate, has played professionally in Erie for the past seven seasons.

DFWCC
01-03-2012, 05:54 PM
From the Erie Times-News

The Erie Explosion have signed wide receiver Jamaal Stokes to a contract for the 2012 Ultimate Indoor Football League season.
Stokes, 6 feet 1 inch and 185 pounds, was injured for much of the Harrisburg Stampede's 2011 season. But he led the Baltimore Mariners in receptions and receiving yards during the team's unbeaten championship season in 2010, and also led the Mariners in those categories and scored 10 receiving touchdowns in 2009.

DFWCC
01-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Dinkins and Cipra return to Erie.

The Erie Explosion announced Friday that two familiar names -- David Dinkins and J.R, Cipra -- have signed for the 2012 season.
Dinkins, signed as a wide receiver, has played quarterback and running back for the Freeze and River Rats. He was named AIFA MVP in 2006 after leading the Freeze to the league championship game.
He returned to Erie in 2008 when the River Rats moved to the city. He's since played for the Wheeling Wildcats and the Johnstown Generals.
Cipra is a four-time all-league placekicker. He last played in Erie in 2008, when he led the AIFA in scoring and unos. He still holds the Erie record for field goals in a career (19). He's recently played with the Baltimore Mariners and Harrisburg Stampede.

From
http://goerie.com/article/20120107/FOOTBALL09/301079909/Explosion-sign-receiver-Dinkins-kicker-Cipra

I could be wrong here but I think I recall that Dinkins signed with
the Jtown Generals for this yr. Then again i read rumors about Johnstown.