PDA

View Full Version : An old indoor football friend resurfaces?

exit322
08-19-2011, 09:18 AM
FT. MYERS, FL – The Ultimate Indoor Football League (UIFL) is pleased to announce the formation of several committees during its recent owners meetings that will help the league grow and maintain its success.

“The formation of the committees gives the UIFL some valuable checks and balances for the upcoming season and moving forward,” said UIFL President Andrew Haines. “The UIFL is committed to serving its teams and fan base with the utmost of professionalism.”

The owners created three committees; competition, standards and marketing. Cincinnati Commandos owner Dennis Whitman will chair the Competition Committee that includes Michael Taylor (Florida), Kacee Smith (Rome) and Tim Clark (Canton).

Leading the Standards Committee will be Marion Blue Racers owner LaMonte Coleman. David Hawkins (Danville), Mike Mink (TBA) and Chad Dymon (TBA) will also be on the committee.

The final committee created, marketing, will be chaired by Huntington owner Dan Fisher. Mark Ward (Canton), Andrew Haines (Florida), Leah Haines (Florida), Coleman, Dymon and Hawkins will also serve on the Marketing Committee.

---

Interesting, indeed.

robster2001
08-19-2011, 02:07 PM
It's a sign of the Apocalypse. Mink and the Haines family together? RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! :)

gatek99
08-19-2011, 06:43 PM
what is his history?

exit322
08-19-2011, 10:18 PM
He got screwed by Morris like everyone else. He was just more closely involved with Morris than most.

newiflfan
08-20-2011, 09:06 AM
I find all of these offseason announcements from the UIFL to be real interesting. I feel like either these guys are just spouting off all sorts of crap in an attempt to fool the general public, or they are really truly working hard to start fixing indoor football.

jerry101jlh
08-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I find all of these offseason announcements from the UIFL to be real interesting. I feel like either these guys are just spouting off all sorts of crap in an attempt to fool the general public, or they are really truly working hard to start fixing indoor football.

The model clearly worked for one season, the future, who knows? there is room for optimism, but there again history says many have tried, many have failed.

newiflfan
08-21-2011, 08:08 AM
The model clearly worked for one season, the future, who knows? there is room for optimism, but there again history says many have tried, many have failed.

All these new 'extras' that have been announced over the summer are what really pique my interest-- the bus line, the training center, these committees...

Real jaded for me to think what I do, but I see only two possibilities, and they're polar opposites-- UIFL is totally full of bunk and putting out smoke and mirrors with these announcements, or they are on the verge of possibly bringing a revolution to the sport. 2012 shall be very interesting indeed.