PDA

View Full Version : Amarillo to the American Association

rangerfan
11-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Looks like Amarillo, TX is getting a team in the AA. We've been the cornerstone for the United League Baseball for 4 years now, and that relationship has soured. I'm really excited to see AA baseball in our city.

riverrider35
11-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Wow great for Amarillo and the AA I too have herd this news the county voted and will go with AA, but what happens to San Angelo and Edingburgh and rest of UNited, without Amarillo their is no way the United can survive they are down to what 4 teams now cuz no way they can go back to coastal bend Maybe Pecos League?

rangerfan
11-03-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm sure the ULB with simply close shop. There's no way they could maintain any sort of credibility after everything that happened with Amarillo. They also don't have good standing in Edinburg or Laredo either. Good riddance, I say.

LaVidaLoca
11-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Are you saying the Dilla's are gone or they will be the AA team? Dilla's owe alot of $$ to Amarillo...Is that taken care of? Clarity would help. Thx

rangerfan
11-04-2010, 11:17 PM
The Dillas are officially evicted. The team taking their place is owned by Scott Berry, CEO of Southern Independent Baseball, a firm that owns the Shreveport-Bossier Captains. Speculation is the Captains will relocate to Amarillo & rename themselves the Amarillo Gold Sox.

Reunion Sports Group and the ULB still owe $75,000 to Potter County.

Venomstrike1
11-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Just some thought about this whole Potter County, Dillas & AA. If Potter would have done the right thing last year at this time and gave the contract to AA we would have not had to gone through all the stuff concering the ULB. I have always thought that AA was the best fit for Amarillo.