PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Teams

CorA
07-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Here is the first: Missouri Comets
http://www.examiner.net/sports/x41628500/New-Comets-coming-to-Independence-Events-Center

Any others you guys know about?

tops804
07-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Any others you guys know about?

Based on the article you referenced, we're up to speed for now.

Five of last years, plus Missouri.

The Missouri Comets will be the sixth team in the MISL, joining
Baltimore, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Monterrey (Mexico) and Rockford,
Ill.

Granted this isn't an impressive list yet. I'm still hoping that with the lowered
interest in the Cavaliers in Cleveland, somebody will put an MISL team back
in Cleveland in the near future. :)

Cleveland & Canton does have PASL-Pro's Ohio Vortex.

Buffalo Super Fan
07-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Good to see the MISL in the Kansas City area again with the Missouri Comets. There is now some hope that someday for my Buffalo and tops804 Cleveland. Going back to old indoor soccer markets is a wise move in my opinion for the MISL. I see some hope for the future for the MISL with more moves like this one. Let's Go Buffalo

Fez
07-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Very exciting news. The MISL needs to build to 8 teams to re-establish some media coverage. I'd love to see a team or two in Ohio: Cleveland, Columbus, and/or Dayton.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
12-21-2010, 09:00 AM
I was thinking that a team in Harrsiburg could possibly work. They had the harrisburg Heat up and running for TWELVE years. Sounds pretty successful if you ask me.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
12-21-2010, 09:11 AM
^^Sorry. Double-post.

BlastFan
12-23-2010, 10:25 PM
I was thinking that a team in Harrsiburg could possibly work. They had the harrisburg Heat up and running for TWELVE years. Sounds pretty successful if you ask me.

Yeah, that is very true. I miss making road trips up there.
They would be the best team to reestablish.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
12-28-2010, 12:24 PM
"The league is looking to expand in former MISL markets like St. Louis, Hartford, Tacoma, Harrisburg, Dallas, Newark, Detroit and Wichita. The league is also looking to expand in newer markets like Boston, Tulsa, Minneapolis and Raleigh."

Sounds like NEW and IMPROVED competition for us in the very near future!

;)