PDA

View Full Version : Frank Bolton's impact on the Bears

zuma jay
07-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Boulton wants the Bears to succeed not only this season but in the future and as a Bears fan I applaud his efforts...but, it doesn't seem like he's making much of an impact on the club.

The in-between entertainment has reached an all-time low. No attempt is even made whatsoever to involve fans sitting along the third base side...while the MC is animated the material is pathetic...absolutely no creativity involved whatsoever. It's sometimes painful to watch compared to other minor league team efforts.

The number of burned out bulbs in the light towers keeps growing...wondering if the lighting at the Den is still at AA levels? At the rate the bulbs are buning out, the Den might not even be up to Can Am League standards.

As far as I could tell, the club doesn't even display the two Atlantic League Championship banners that the Bears have won. I think there's a small flag on one of the outfield poles...it might represent one championship, but the lettering is so small, who knows what it says? With all the empty billboard space, why not paint: NEWARK BEARS ATLANTIC LEAGUE CHAMPIONS and list the championship years on the empty outfield wall...or at least get readable championship flags like the Patriots have.

The gold lettering on the Bears Wall of Fame is badly in need of a paint job as are the restrooms...

That said, the Bears fans that show up continue to be the most vocal supporters that I've heard at a minor league ballgame. Bears fans keep an ongoing barrage of comments supporting the Bears and baiting the opposition. It's these entertaining comments that make Bears games still fun to watch...

And, Bears merchandise is also top notch. the best looking and most varied selection of T-shirts, jackets and related merchandise that I've come across in minor league baseball.

ZombieTom
07-09-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm coming up from Philly 7/24 and 8/28 to check out my first Bears games at home and to cheer right along with you guys...

I really hope you guys don't lose your team. It seem like any Bears fan you hear from are diehard. Just wish the folks that run the team would catch up to your passion....

Duckfan
07-10-2010, 06:54 PM
You can't blame the people who run the team, you have to blame the folks in Newark. They've got a little gem of a ballpark and a team that's won Championships but they ignore it. I've been to the Den several times and the fans who do show up are great.(Thanks for the hospitality) They're passionate about their team and will support them to the bitter end. The problem is that the rest of the people in Newark could care less. The Bears may as well be a Soccer team. Newark isn't interested.

jidyfan
07-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Zuma, I think that Frank Boulton is doing more for the Bears and Bluefish than he is for the Ducks this season. He is bringing in higher caliber and former MLB players for those teams to try to draw more people to the games. He has neglected his main team,the Ducks, by bringing those type of players to Newark and Bridgeport while the Ducks have been in great need of players all season. This is evidenced by the one of the worst first half records that the Ducks have put up since they've come into the league.

GoCyclones!
07-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Interesting thread. The last comment was way off base though. The Ducks had a pretty good first half until they forgot to hit the last four weeks. Did you see the Bears' first half, buddy? I don't believe there's any conspiracy. I don't even believe Boulton has any involvement in player procurement. Juan Francia is showing signs of life, so that could be a boost if he gets going.

The hope I have the Bears making a resurgence is the slow but steady revitalization of Newark.

jidyfan
07-14-2010, 11:38 AM
I didn't say it was a conspiracy. I simply said that he has neglected the Ducks to try to help get people back into the stands for his other teams that need extreme help in attendance. Boulton might not be personally involved in the recruitment of players but don't ever believe that he doesn't have to approve them being added to his teams. Boulton signs off on everything in his organization from players salaries, to staff salaries, to team store purchases to office supplies.

GoCyclones!
07-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Ok, I don't know what you're whining about. I thought bringing in Matt Padgett and Esquivel and matching Randy Leek with Sidney Ponson would give the Ducks plenty of firepower to win the first half. So players have been brought in. Then sitting in first place before Navarrete joins them, they should've been in prime position. They just weren't able to execute. Sometimes in baseball you lose. Just hope that they can pull it off in the second half.