PDA

View Full Version : WBA Schedule?

BasketballGuru
03-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Anyone have any idea on when the WBA Schedule will be out? I visited the WBA website and it still has 2009's schedule? Anyone know?

basketball facts
03-17-2010, 03:11 PM
and thus it starts

GwinnettMajic
03-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Gwinnett Majic 2010 Schedule (Final) Friday May 14 Home vs Nashville Saturday May 15 Home vs Decatur Saturday May 22 Home vs Jacksonville (Parkview) Thursday June 3 Home vs Marietta Saturday June 12 Home vs Florida Thursday June 17 Home vs Tupelo Saturday July 10 Home vs Nashville Thursday July 15 Home vs Florida

Here is our schedule, If you guys want to purchase season tickets visit gwinnettmajic.com

FranklinKnights
03-21-2010, 02:22 PM
You can find the complete schedule of the Franklin Knights on franklinknights.net

one way
03-22-2010, 04:48 AM
When is the WBA schedule going to be up on the Flights web page? It is almost April and the schedule is not up. Also, has the venue been secured?

wellington
03-22-2010, 09:01 AM
When is the WBA schedule going to be up on the Flights web page? It is almost April and the schedule is not up. Also, has the venue been secured?

The Flight have had their schedule posted for some time now:

http://www.flighthoops.com/schedule.html

one way
03-22-2010, 10:51 AM
How do you find the schedule on their web site? Also, I read that they are still trying to hammer out a venue. If that is true, how do you sell tickets and post a schedule when you do not have a place to play?

preeths
03-22-2010, 11:48 AM
How do you find the schedule on their web site?

You mean besides clicking on the 'Schedule' button?

one way
03-22-2010, 12:09 PM
that link was not there as of last night. It was only contected today. The power of the boards strikes again!!!!! I will ask again,what is up with the venue????

The Magician
03-22-2010, 08:18 PM
I will ask again,what is up with the venue????

Why worry about The Flight's venue :confused:

Unless you are going to be a fan and season-ticket holder ...

What's the importance of posting the question to begin with.

It's of no consequence to you ... Just let the organization be.

one way
03-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Why? Because is again shows what is wrong with minor league basketball. I said all along that there is a series of steps that should be followed, the standard that should be obeyed of how to run and organization should be run. It is not just the Flight but all of these teams who are quick to shove worthless press releases down our throats and to have mascot and dance team tryouts and to have free agent camps all without securing a venue. That is wrong for the Flight, the WBA, the ABA whatever. Have all your ducks in a row and follow the steps and once all that is completed make your announement. Quit giving these teams a pass.

The Magician
03-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Quit giving these teams a pass.

Believe when I tell you ... It would be beyond me to give any team a free pass, especially any team/league to which I would be associated with myself.

The Flight have been doing some things that 90+ % of all 'other' minor league basketball team organizations do not do on a consistent basis (or have not done at all).

How they have put together their 'flight plan' will always be looked at differently from the outside.

And when the opening tip comes on their home floor, it will be a good night for 'basketball' in Central Florida.

The hope for it all, is that the Florida Flight will be a team that the fans will embrace, support, and call their own for seasons to come.

one way ... Let's give the Flight some runway space to take off. In time, we will be able to see for ourselves if the landing gear was secure enough.

misenern
03-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Why? Because is again shows what is wrong with minor league basketball. I said all along that there is a series of steps that should be followed, the standard that should be obeyed of how to run and organization should be run. It is not just the Flight but all of these teams who are quick to shove worthless press releases down our throats and to have mascot and dance team tryouts and to have free agent camps all without securing a venue. That is wrong for the Flight, the WBA, the ABA whatever. Have all your ducks in a row and follow the steps and once all that is completed make your announement. Quit giving these teams a pass.

I agree. However, on their schedule it has their venue listed as the Kissimmee Civic Center. Who knows whether or not they have an actual lease hammered out though.

basketball facts
03-23-2010, 01:57 PM
No lease agreement has been finalized. So, selling a venue that that might not be in. Not a good sign.