PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 2000 Kissimmee Cobras roster sheet with uniform numbers

ATigerfan
02-13-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm looking for a 2000 Kissimmee Cobras roster list that has the uniform numbers. I would like to know what number Tim Redding wore for them in 2000
If anybody knows please post. Thanks in advance.

alkalinefan
02-14-2010, 05:26 AM
After going over some of my '99 Michigan Battle Cat info it shows he wore #25 for them during the 1999 season.I have no info for 2000 but its possible he retained the same # for 2000. Also on that '99 Battle C
at team were Roy Oswalt and Johan Santana

ATigerfan
02-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Thanks I know he wore #17 Auburn and thought he did in Battle creek too. This http://mwlguide.com/cities/battlecreek/roster.html has him #17.
So he must have worn #25 for B.C. too .
I see it lists Colin Porter as 25.
Thanks my BC. stuff is buired I'll have to dig it out ans see what I find

alkalinefan
02-14-2010, 11:03 AM
I stand to be corrected.The #25 I got from a an uncut sheet of player cards that I bought while at a game in BC.There was no alphabetical order to the players listed so I thought the number on his card 25 was the one he wore.Upon further review I noticed that the players are listed A-Z by first name???Sorry. That web-site you listed is pretty interesting as I have been to BC many times during the MWL days.Will check it out in more detail.

ATigerfan
02-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks I found out he did wear #17 for the Cobras. So I ended up buying a #17 bp jersey I think he wore for them in 2000. I'm always looking for game used stuff of his and Dann Howitt. Plus any game used stuff from any Michigan minor league teams past and present plus Tigers and stuff from their minor league teams too. Plus any Team signed baseballs from them

I remember the last game for the D-rays and the 12 news crew from Flint/Midland got there early and taped when the crowd wasn't as full. But that last game was pretty much a packed house.

While I like watching the Bombers and hope they stay a while in Battle Creek.
I think a Frontier League or another independent team would be better though.

alkalinefan
02-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Yes its too bad that Battle Creek lost thier MWL team.Haven't seen the Bombers yet but hope to in the future.With a FL team in Kazoo I don't think one ending up in BC will happen.Its nice to see the Bombers in BC but thier travel times must be lengthly as they go to Ia,Mn,Wis. and I think even up to Thunder Bay,Ont.The travel budget must be large.A couple of years ago I came across a book "Minor League Baseball Towns of Michigan".Its a soft-cover written by a local(Michigan)writer.It was on the discount rack at a Border's Outlet store.I actually bought the remaining copies 6 or 7 just because I thought the books might sit there forever without being sold.One of the pictures on the cover is of C.O. Brown.It goes back about a hundred years or so and has info on almost all the mnor league teams and thier ballparks that existed in Mich.If your interested I'd be glad to send you a copy .