PDA

View Full Version : PASL Pro Playoffs

davidj4051
02-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Greetings,

As a season ticket holder with the SD Sockers, I just received an email stating the 09/10 playoffs will be played in San Diego! Just purchased my tickets! Can't wait!

Go Sockers!

Sockersfan
02-28-2010, 02:49 PM
I wish someone from the league would explain the playoff format and not make any mistakes when they do it. There seems to be a ton of confusion. Starting with the wild card spot. For the longest time the league was stating as long as the Cougars win their final game of the season they would be in the playoffs as the wild card. Then all the sudden there was one last senario that The Cougars FB page said would actually keep them out and that was if 1790 Cin would lose thier last 2 games and Louisville wins their last game then the Cougars could not make the wild card spot as long as the Sockers won their division. So that was an error by the league.

Then the league stated as long as the Sockers win their final 2 games it would give the Sockers top seed in the playoffs with a bye in the first round. Well, the Sockers did win their final 2 games of the season, but they might not have a bye the first round if Saskatoon wins their final game today because the Canadian and Mexican team would have the best winning percentage. Lets stop making mistakes and stop getting hopes hope.

Here is a final thought The PASL-Pro championships are for our league. The Canadian and Mexican teams are not part of our league, but are affiliated with the PASL-Pro. So the top 2 teams that should receive a bye should be the 2 Amercian teams. It is our championship. Also why ddoes the Mexcian tema get 2 teams in the playoffs? It should be 1 Canadian team, one Mexcian team, and the top 2 seeds from the Eastern division and top 2 seeds from the Western division. I personally think some things should change.

BCRantzilla
04-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Are there enough teams in the US, Canada and Mexico to create a Premier/relegation system?

Pounder
04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Are there enough teams in the US, Canada and Mexico to create a Premier/relegation system?

No. That's just in raw numbers... given the size of North America, you need to do it regionally to be cost effective.

Not happening for indoor.

Heck, Mexico's promotion/relegation for outdoor is semi-dubious.

Buffalo Super Fan
04-20-2010, 12:04 AM
In my opinion promotion/relegation system in the USA will never work. We aren't use to that system and I don't really ever seeing us using that system. I don't want to see the New York Red Bulls or Philadelphia Union in USL/NASL down from the MLS. So your going to have a city like Portland spend all that money to get to MLS just to be sent back to NASL it will never work in my opinion. It doesn't interest me in the least as a soccer fan it is just not a good idea in my opinion. Let's Go Buffalo

ranul
12-28-2010, 06:41 PM
this year it will be the eastern,western and cmisl champions and also the winner of a play in between the pasl wild card team vs frontier champion