PDA

View Full Version : NISL to add Milwaukee Wave?

Dan K
08-02-2009, 07:34 PM
The new owner of the Milwaukee Wave is confident the team will be part of the NISL for the 2009-10 season. The NISL is also looking into other markets like Dallas, Cincinnati and Harrisburg.

tops804
08-02-2009, 09:24 PM
NISL to add Milwaukee Wave?

The new owner of the Milwaukee Wave is confident the team will be part of the NISL for the 2009-10 season. The NISL is also looking into other markets like Dallas, Cincinnati and Harrisburg.

One can only hope... :)

Hopefully, this will be the end of the XSL and the MISL's morphed three-ring circus.

Useless Trivia: The AISA approved the Milwaukee Wave franchise 25 years
ago tomorrow (August 3rd, 1984). It's since seen more league changes
then some cities have seen teams. Future leagues may best keep in mind
that when it comes to cornerstone franchises, the Wave should maybe
stop being cast aside (usually for such "fantasy" markets as Detroit and
Chicago in the midwest.)

Panthers14
09-05-2009, 12:26 AM
What is the status of the NISL for the 2009 - 2010 Season. Which teams are in, which are rumored to be coming aboard, and what is the status of the remainder of indoor soccer (XSL and PASL-Pro)? So far, I understand that the Milwaukee Wave will return to the NISL along with a rebirth of the Harrisburg Heat. What is the status of the remainder of the XSL Franchises: New Jersey Ironmen, Detroit Ignition, and Chicago Strom? Will they too be returning to the NISL, a reborn XSL in 2010 instead, or the trash heap of history? Dallas and Cincinnati are also rumors. Would this be the Cincinnati of the PASL-Pro and would Dallas be a reborn Sidekicks of yesteryear. Any and all information is welcome. Thanks.

preeths
09-05-2009, 07:48 PM
I believe Chicago is done, but I haven't heard anything about Detroit and New Jersey.